QM2 Europe 2 Night Mini Cruise Dress Codes

richarduk

I've recently read that Cunard have amended their dress codes. I've done my own research but finding it difficult to obtain definitive answers regarding dress codes for day and night on a 2 night mini cruise.

There are two main reasons for wishing to find out:

1) I prefer not to wear a suit and/or tie, or even a jacket whilst on holiday.

2) We want to travel light, being a very short trip.

So, bearing the above in mind, what would be the MINIMUM I would have to wear to be deemed "suitable"?!

Does the new dress code mean that one night will be "formal" and the other "informal"? Is there anytime when nice jeans are acceptable, day or night?

We probably only wish to dine in the main restaurant one evening and will be quite happy to eat at Kings Court on formal night. What would be the mininum dress requirement for Kings Court on either of the nights?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

P.S. I don't have any issue with anyone liking to dress formally, that's fine by me, but please don't have any issue with me for preferring not to. Trust me, I've seen many threads on this subject!!:eek:;)

You will need a jacket in the Britannia restaurant every night, no matter what the dress code.

I think you can wear what you want in the KC buffet in the evening, apart from shorts.

I've recently read that Cunard have amended their dress codes. I've done my own research but finding it difficult to obtain definitive answers regarding dress codes for day and night on a 2 night mini cruise.

The new dress codes take effect from the 16th April onwards. You can find out what the dress code will be on the two nights that you're onboard by clicking on this link.

An explanation of the formal and informal dress codes is here. The link also contains information on what you can wear during the day (pretty much anything).

There are two main reasons for wishing to find out:

1) I prefer not to wear a suit and/or tie, or even a jacket whilst on holiday.

2) We want to travel light, being a very short trip.

So, bearing the above in mind, what would be the MINIMUM I would have to wear to be deemed "suitable"?!

You can wear anything you like during the day. As you are packing light, you will probably be wondering what is the minimum amount of clothing that you need to wear during the day.

The minimum amount of clothing that a male can wear during the day is:

• some kind of footwear - whatever you like
  • some kind of top - whatever you like, a singlet will be fine
  • something to cover your lower regions - I would suggest shorts as they are extremely light.

At night, these are the minimum clothing requirements:

• closed shoes
  • long pants (jeans are fine as long as they are not blue or ripped and/or torn)
  • a t-shirt or shirt
  • a jacket or blazer

Using the above you can dine in Kings Court and use the Winter Garden for pre & post dinner drinks. If there is a formal night, Cunard asks that you do not use other inside areas of the ship out of respect for your fellow guests.

Does the new dress code mean that one night will be "formal" and the other "informal"? Is there anytime when nice jeans are acceptable, day or night?

Regarding the composition of formal and informal nights, because you haven't provided a date for your voyage I can only refer you to the links I provided above and suggest that you check your voyage personaliser.

With regard to jeans, you can wear them on informal nights provided they are not blue or have rips & tears in them. You can also wear jeans on formal nights provided they are not blue or have rips & tears in them and you only use Kings Court and the Winter Garden. You can wear any kind of jeans during the day.

We probably only wish to dine in the main restaurant one evening and will be quite happy to eat at Kings Court on formal night. What would be the mininum dress requirement for Kings Court on either of the nights?

Going by what the dress code states, the minimum dress requirement for Kings Court is the 'Informal' code. Which means, at the very least, Cunard would like you wear the following:

• closed shoes
  • long pants (jeans are fine as long as they are not blue or ripped and/or torn)
  • a t-shirt or shirt
  • a jacket or blazer

At your discretion is the following:

• socks
  • underpants

The above is applicable in Kings Court on both formal and informal nights. If there is a formal night on your voyage you can wear the above and dine in Kings Court as well as using the Winter Garden for pre & post dinner drinks.

P.S. I don't have any issue with anyone liking to dress formally, that's fine by me, but please don't have any issue with me for preferring not to. Trust me, I've seen many threads on this subject!!:eek:;)

No one has any issues with you preferring not to dress formally. You or anyone else. All anyone on here has ever asked anyone else to do is adhere to the evening dress codes on board.

Whitemarsh - thank you so much for your informative reply. we are on a 5-nighter and, like the OP, did not want to take too much with us. Having said that, we are going to attend the formal night as we do like 'dressing up' once in a while.

any idea what the ladies can wear at other times???

cheers

Alison

Whitemarsh - thank you so much for your informative reply. we are on a 5-nighter and' date=' like the OP, did not want to take too much with us. Having said that, we are going to attend the formal night as we do like 'dressing up' once in a while.

any idea what the ladies can wear at other times???

cheers

Alison

What do you mean?

the new dress code begins April 7th.

Not on the Queen Mary it doesn't. At least according to those links.

BTW, I previously wrote the new dress code takes effect on the 16th April (in reference to QM2), that was a typo - it's the 26th.

Archived