Elation balcony peek??

okiemom

We are on the Elation December 4th and was wondering if it would be possible for us to look at a balcony cabin, if one is available. We would just want to look to see if we would like it enough to spend the extra money on our next cruise or if we would just be happy enough with our oceanview room. Just wondering...does anyone know or done this before???:)

Elation usually completely sells out, as do most ships out of Galveston. We were hoping to possibly upgrade closer to the sailing date if the price was right last Dec. But about a few days before sailing, all the balconies were taken. Elation doesn't have very many of them, either.

The cheapest price I received to upgrade was $800 more (total)--and that was too much for us.

We are on the Elation December 4th and was wondering if it would be possible for us to look at a balcony cabin, if one is available. We would just want to look to see if we would like it enough to spend the extra money on our next cruise or if we would just be happy enough with our oceanview room. Just wondering...does anyone know or done this before???:)

The only balconies on the Elation are the suites (Cat 11 and 12).

..check out Rhapsody of the Seas (RCI)..a great ship also out of Galveston with similar itinerary, and a lot more balcony cabins (Elation has very few).

Mitch

If you like, you can send your email address and I can add you to the share list for our pictures there are cabin pictures as well as lots of the ship. We just got off on the 6th and were in a CAT12 and loved it (wouldn't go any other way).

If you like, you can send your email address and I can add you to the share list for our pictures there are cabin pictures as well as lots of the ship. We just got off on the 6th and were in a CAT12 and loved it (wouldn't go any other way).

We are sailing 7-17 and were upgraded to a category 12. :D Can't wait!

jdeubanks.... mrscedwards@hotmail.com Thanks I would love to see your pictures!

Momof4 ... Have a great time and what are the ages of children you are taking (if you are taking kids)? Congratulations on your upgrade as well. Did you book a specific cabin? We are really wishing that we get upgraded. Crossing our fingers but we will be happy either way. I'm sure if I got a balcony I would be spoiled and never want to go back to just an oceanview.

Thanks everyone for your comments!:)

jdeubanks.... mrscedwards@hotmail.com Thanks I would love to see your pictures!

Momof4 ... Have a great time and what are the ages of children you are taking (if you are taking kids)? Congratulations on your upgrade as well. Did you book a specific cabin? We are really wishing that we get upgraded. Crossing our fingers but we will be happy either way. I'm sure if I got a balcony I would be spoiled and never want to go back to just an oceanview.

Thanks everyone for your comments!:)

Our group includes my family, DH, sons 22, 19, 16, and 12; and friends with a 15 yo son.

We booked two specific ocean view rooms and one inside quad (for our 4 boys) all very close together on the Empress deck, the first Saturday of December. (for 7-17).

On June 1 our TA called and said Carnival called her and was offering to upgrade all of us to the Upper deck --the two suites and the ocean view, all fairly close together. :D

Yesterday she called and I picked up our documents. She was so happy for us about our upgrade and stated that it did not happen too often. She could only speculate that a large group wanted to book close together and needed our rooms, so we were then offered the upgrade. We would have been happy no matter what..but this is truly exciting. We felt like we couldn't book the more expensive room since so many said that you "only sleep there". Plus we have two in college with two more coming! I am afraid we will be spoiled with that balcony...sitting on it in the morning, watching the sun rise...WOW!

Good luck to you...the upgrade fairy does come. :)

Enjoy your cruise and balcony. I really hope that the upgrade happens but if it doesn't then I guess I will just have to break down and let loose of my money to purchase a balcony next time. :rolleyes: Thanks for your comments and have a great time! :)

Archived