Star - Spa Pass Questions

Mysticks1

I am trying to decide if I want to purchase the Spa Pass on our upcoming cruise and have some questions that I haven't been able to find answers to.

The attached photo (borrowed from CruiseDeckPlans.com) is supposedly taken in the Star Spa area. Can anyone tell me what the difference is in the two "Hot Tubs" that you can see in the photo? One is round and one is square. Are they both just regular ones or something different? Is the larger pool in the foreground a lap pool?

Can anyone who has used the spa on the Star (recently) advise if the water temps in the hot tubs was actually "Hot". I read an older thread that said they weren't. It is going to be really cool on our cruise and I expect the ones on deck to be crowded.

Do they still offer a couples discount on the Spa Pass?

Is there a Steam Room? If so, is it a Co-Ed one or is there one in both locker room areas? I only see one Sauna listed on the deck plans that I was using so just one of those or in both locker rooms?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

lgpic1345420485.jpg.8758504598cbac9ed7440e0d1a6dc5f5.jpg

I am trying to decide if I want to purchase the Spa Pass on our upcoming cruise and have some questions that I haven't been able to find answers to.

The attached photo (borrowed from CruiseDeckPlans.com) is supposedly taken in the Star Spa area. Can anyone tell me what the difference is in the two "Hot Tubs" that you can see in the photo? One is round and one is square. Are they both just regular ones or something different? Is the larger pool in the foreground a lap pool?

The common area has a lap pool, a hot tub, and the square hydrotherapy pool. You lie down on the underwater lounger "frame" in the hydrotherapy pool, and the bubbles come up from below you.

Can anyone who has used the spa on the Star (recently) advise if the water temps in the hot tubs was actually "Hot". I read an older thread that said they weren't. It is going to be really cool on our cruise and I expect the ones on deck to be crowded. They were plenty hot for me.

Do they still offer a couples discount on the Spa Pass? I haven't seen the couples pass offered in a a while now. We've been charged the same price for 2 passes.

Is there a Steam Room? If so, is it a Co-Ed one or is there one in both locker room areas? I only see one Sauna listed on the deck plans that I was using so just one of those or in both locker rooms? Sauna and steam room are in the locker room area.

I still prefer the spa on the Dawn and Star over the newer ships. The one thing they are missing is the heated tile loungers.

Can anyone who has used the spa on the Star (recently) advise if the water temps in the hot tubs was actually "Hot". I read an older thread that said they weren't. It is going to be really cool on our cruise and I expect the ones on deck to be crowded.

Do they still offer a couples discount on the Spa Pass?

Is there a Steam Room? If so, is it a Co-Ed one or is there one in both locker room areas? I only see one Sauna listed on the deck plans that I was using so just one of those or in both locker rooms?

The round one is a regular hot tub, the square one is a hydrotherapy tub with loungers you can lay on. On our January sailing, both of the tubs were hot all week, although they were having problems early in the cruise with hot water in the cabins.

We were not offered any kind of couples discount on spa passes.

Each locker room has a sauna and a smaller tub. Didn't use the pool but it appeared to be a lap pool.

Thanks for your answers, the hydrotherapy tub sounds very relaxing. Glad to hear the water was actually hot and that there are steam rooms in the locker rooms. It is going to be quite cool on our cruise with long touring days so it sounds like the spa will be a great place to relax after a long day.

We are sailing through the Archipelago on our way to Stockholm very early in the morning which is supposed to be beautiful so I think sitting in those loungers facing aft would be a good way to see everything without being out in the cool temps.

The men's wet room has a cold and hot plunge, not sure about the women's. They do provide robes. Love that spa!

Thanks for the information. :) I am excited about the spa now that I know a little more about it.

Archived