Just off Adventure of the Seas 3/24-3/31/2013

Were the insulated beer coolers still being sold? DH bought one on Allure the deal where you buy the cooler And each time you refill buy 5 get sixth free or whatever? It was supposed to be good for each subsequent cruise if you bring the cooler back w you.

Saturday we had a great breakfast at Ben and Jerry's (really!), they had wonderful fruit, good oatmeal, and delicious egg sandwiches right on the beach by La Concha, an easy 5 minutes walk from the Marriott.

P1060572_zpsc6dcd4cb.jpg[/img]

We were on this ship as well. We flew into San Juan on Thursday and stayed at La Concha. It was a very nice place with a nice little beach right outside! We hit the Dunkin Donuts down the street most mornings.

Were the insulated beer coolers still being sold? DH bought one on Allure the deal where you buy the cooler And each time you refill buy 5 get sixth free or whatever? It was supposed to be good for each subsequent cruise if you bring the cooler back w you.

I apologize, I completely misread your post. Sorry I did not see anything like that but I wasn't looking either.

See if you can catch up with Robyn on one of her posts. Try this one: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1691766 She just got back from a B2B on AOS and seems to be very knowledgeable about most everything RCL and AOS.

~Bob~

Barbados - We weren't sure what we were going to do this day, especially since it was Good Friday and almost everything was closed. We spoke with one of the Managers at the port shopping and she recommended The Boatyard. It's at Carlisle Bay, just a short taxi ride from the port. For $12 US per person, you get beach chairs, umbrellas, a free drink, water activities (trampoline, ice berg, rope swing, dive platforms) and a shuttle back to the port!!!! There is a bar/restaurant (prices on the menu are in Barbados dollars). And just 3 minutes down the beach is an area where you can swim out to snorkel with the turtles (for free!)!!

This sounds wonderful. We sailed on AOS in February 2013. We get to go again to Barbados in November on the Jewel. I think we will follow in your footsteps as outlined above. Is this as easy as grabbing a taxi at the pier? Did you exchange US dollars for Barbados dollars to use at Carlisle Bay?

I saw people with the beer coolers, I don't know though about whether they were refillable at that price. They looked nice!

Klombar, how did you like your stay at La Concha? It looks very nice.

It was very nice especially after hitting it on Priceline. When we arrived they put us overlooking the ocean on the 12th floor. It was an amazing view. I will post a couple of pics. After the cruise we stayed a couple more days before heading home. We were on the 4th floor still overlooking the ocean but not as nice being lower because there tends to be loud music at night. The food is awesome! We ate lunch there alot. Walked down to Chilis for dinner a couple of times. The rooms were very nice with lots of space and a great walk in shower. Staff was very nice. When we got there after the cruise it was 9:30 am and they got us a room right away so we crashed making for a perfect relaxing day. The next couple of days the suns was incredible.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally here are some of the pics from our trip:

Marriott Hotel in San Juan

1951730364_CruisePics012.jpg.54bbd1935535154b8083b1896736d954.jpg

On the ship, boarding day

1839624629_CruisePics046.jpg.96a5e90687d5cbb8febe97e823e9fe29.jpg

1434384457_CruisePics058.jpg.cccb80d567817e91f9a83e3b7282053a.jpg

St Croix

2065033643_CruisePics292.jpg.f74a2e90ce4c2d366bd4f69663b383fb.jpg

1951730364_CruisePics012.jpg.54bbd1935535154b8083b1896736d954.jpg

1839624629_CruisePics046.jpg.96a5e90687d5cbb8febe97e823e9fe29.jpg

1434384457_CruisePics058.jpg.cccb80d567817e91f9a83e3b7282053a.jpg

2065033643_CruisePics292.jpg.f74a2e90ce4c2d366bd4f69663b383fb.jpg

1786084520_CruisePics319.jpg.1d1a244eb50cf5761e4812704627de9d.jpg

615732520_CruisePics326.jpg.6c168947e148fe4d920f451a5bd8dc44.jpg

1873433743_CruisePics362.jpg.4801fdc7ae9610fb0d6d4014ba9bfba6.jpg

St Maarten

470389113_CruisePics420.jpg.07a75d1d48c316d4654afd3838f22a5b.jpg

Some questions for you. I'm on Jewel next, but I suspect a lot of things would pertain to both ships.

How late can we board and still get lunch? We're thinking about getting to the pier around 2-ish. Will we be able to dump our bags in the cabin and still have lunch available at the Windjammer? Not sure what time they STOP serving on embarkation day.

What time was Muster Drill? We're doing MTD, so I want to know what time to reserve that first night.

Is there a place right at the pier where you could pick up a couple bottles of wine, or should we do that PRIOR to arriving at the pier?

Would love to see some Compass scans, if anyone cares to post. Nice to know which day/night to expect the 70s party, Quest Game, Sexy Legs contest, etc.

Thanks! Glad you all had a great vacation!!

Some questions for you. I'm on Jewel next, but I suspect a lot of things would pertain to both ships.

How late can we board and still get lunch? We're thinking about getting to the pier around 2-ish. Will we be able to dump our bags in the cabin and still have lunch available at the Windjammer? Not sure what time they STOP serving on embarkation day.

What time was Muster Drill? We're doing MTD, so I want to know what time to reserve that first night.

Is there a place right at the pier where you could pick up a couple bottles of wine, or should we do that PRIOR to arriving at the pier?

Would love to see some Compass scans, if anyone cares to post. Nice to know which day/night to expect the 70s party, Quest Game, Sexy Legs contest, etc.

Thanks! Glad you all had a great vacation!!

I will need to look at the Cruise Compasses to be certain of the Windjammer hours and the Muster drill times. I think Muster was at 6pm. I know we made MDR reservations in advance for 6:30pm and just made it. We wanted to get through dinner before sail away.

Yes, there is a shop right there in the terminal for wine, alcohol and cases of water. Yes cases of water. They technically say you can't bring it on, but what are they going to do? Make you drink all 24 bottles before you actually board? :eek: LOL I am sure they will snag the alcohol as you go through the second security point as you board. Wine, of course, is fine for 2 bottle per room. Prices are reasonable but if you can, go Walgreens near the Marriott. Details and other good advice http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1834751

We arrived at the pier around 11:30am and were able to get in line and begin the process almost right away. They held us in the terminal for about an hour. Maybe 100 people ahead of us so boarding pictures were a snap. The Windjammer was not yet crowded. It gets absolutely crazy in there around 2pm or 3pm. Ship exploration was fun with no one around. I love to take pictures :)

Yes, you had to tote around your bags until 2pm when the staterooms were available. They close off those areas, post staff to monitor are you are not allowed to your room. They are very strict about that.

Hope that helps.

~Bob~

Archived