Anyone used FTTF on the Freedom yet?

crusinfamof4

We have booked FTTF for the Freedom in August. It has only been available on the Freedom for approx 6 weeks or so. Was wondering from those who has used it, how was it? I really am curious as to what time you were able to disembark--we have a marathon drive back to VA and would like to get a guesstimation as to what time we might get home.

Thanks in advance! :)

We used it on the very first time offered on the Freedom (2-23-13) and I thought it went very smoothly - was amazed that it was the first go for Pt. Everglades. They had designated luggage carts for the FTTF and they direct you to a separate area to get your S&S card which is already pre-made for you. We boarded right after the platinums/diamonds and suites. Went straight to our room to drop off carry ons and the rest of our luggage was already there. Had to use guest services a couple of times - no line to wait in. We received zone 1 disembarkment tags, but we didn't use them as we booked the Everglades tour through CCL since we had such a late flight.

I think it was well worth it and I think it would be especially worth its weight in gold for tender ports.

We have it booked for this weekend, and with the "delays" that were experienced by other cruisers this past weekend in Port Everglades (at immigration), I'm thinking about FTTF as meaning "Faster To The Flight", since we can request to be "first off", at debarcation time.... We have an 11:40AM Flight from FLL booked, so we will need to get off the ship, and get to the airport quickly. Hopefully it works to our advantage. I will come back and let you know how that part works out for us.

Personally, I think that the slow downs in Port Everglades this past weekend was more due to the "no overtime" guidlines that US Government departments are dealing with now, and not so much the sequestering (that's for future funding, not now)...

It was EASTER SUNDAY, no one wanted to work anyway, and immigration and customs didn't want to pay the extra pay to have full staff there...

I'm hoping that I am right about that, and I can get onto the Freedom early this Saturday, and get off early the following Sunday.... Time will tell. ;)

We have it booked for this weekend, and with the "delays" that were experienced by other cruisers this past weekend in Port Everglades (at immigration), I'm thinking about FTTF as meaning "Faster To The Flight", since we can request to be "first off", at debarcation time.... We have an 11:40AM Flight from FLL booked, so we will need to get off the ship, and get to the airport quickly. Hopefully it works to our advantage. I will come back and let you know how that part works out for us.

Personally, I think that the slow downs in Port Everglades this past weekend was more due to the "no overtime" guidlines that US Government departments are dealing with now, and not so much the sequestering (that's for future funding, not now)...

It was EASTER SUNDAY, no one wanted to work anyway, and immigration and customs didn't want to pay the extra pay to have full staff there...

I'm hoping that I am right about that, and I can get onto the Freedom early this Saturday, and get off early the following Sunday.... Time will tell. ;)

Have a great trip! Hope everything works out ok with your flight

Archived