Dinning on the Golden Princess

Yangtime

I plan to cruise on the Golden Princess this summer, first time on a Princess line and I want to know if you can eat breakast and lunch in the MDR? What are the fees for the alternative restaurants onboard and your opinion of the quality? Thank you!

I plan to cruise on the Golden Princess this summer, first time on a Princess line and I want to know if you can eat breakast and lunch in the MDR? What are the fees for the alternative restaurants onboard and your opinion of the quality? Thank you!
Yes to breakfast in one of the dining rooms, Yes to lunch but only on sea days.

Fee for Sabatinis is $25/pp; Crown Grill is $20 but I think it might have been raised to $25/pp. I think they're worth it but as always, food is subjective. I usually order filet in the Crown Grill and it's always been delicious. Comments on other cuts seem to vary. Sabatini's is a northern Italian fine dining restaurant totally unlike your local Italian restaurant which is probably southern Italian... you won't find scallopini or breaded cutlets.

Yes to breakfast in one of the dining rooms, Yes to lunch but only on sea days.
The DR can be open for lunch on a port day if you have a late arrival or an early departure. The Golden's Inside Passage itinerary has changed from last year, but based on the days and times it was open last year on our cruises the following should be the DR availability and times for breakfast and lunch on your cruise.

Embarkation - Lunch: 12:00-1:30

Sea Day - Breakfast: 7:30-9:30 - Lunch: 12:00-1:30

Ketchikan - Breakfast: 7:00-9:00 - Lunch: Closed

Tracy Arm Fjord/Juneau - Breakfast: 7:00-9:00 - Lunch: 12:00-1:30

Skagway - Breakfast: 7:00-9:00 - Lunch: Closed

Sea Day - Breakfast: 7:30-9:30 - Lunch: 12:00-1:30

Victoria - Breakfast: 7:00-9:00 - Lunch: 12:00-1:30

There will also probably be a Pub Lunch in the Crown Grill from 11:30-2:00 on sea days. There is no charge for the Pub Lunch.

Check the back page of the Patter for the times that all dining venues are open for that day.

I will also second the filet in the Crown Grill.

Love lunch in the DR when we can.
We try to eat there every day it is open. Especially after the noisy, crowded Bayou Cafe, poor service and poor food quality at the last Pub Lunch we went to on the Coral, the DR is the place to go for lunch :)

Ate at crown grill twice during our last trip on golden. I tasted the filet (my go to), rib eye, New York, and lobster. I have to say favorite was the New York. Mom had rib eye first night and sea bass the second and she preferred the sea bass. Desserts and side dishes were awesome as well.

Thank you all for the great responses! I look forward to trying both Sabatinis and the Crown Grill, the price sounds reasonable. I enjoy being served at breakfast.

Archived