Western Carib. in Jan.

cindyln

My daughter graduates college in Dec and I was looking at taking her on a cruise after christmas. Is the western carib. warm enough to enjoy the first part of Jan?

Hello Cindy,

We took two Western Caribbean cruises on Rhapsody of the Seas. Both of them were during the first week of January. It was a bit chilly in Galveston and Key West during our first cruise but nothing a light jacket could not care of. However, on both occasions, once we crossed the tropic, the weather was gorgeous, maybe even a little bit warm if you are not a Texan. :D The sun was bright; the sea was calm, and not a drop of rain. We still talk about how pleasant and nice the water in Cayman Islands was.

I think that you and your daughter will have a wonderful time. It’s a great gift. :) I wish my parent took me on the cruise as my college graduation gift.:mad:

All the best,

Christine

We have taken several Western Caribbean cruises in January and all were very comfortable with the temperatures in the 80's. We have been to Mexico, Jamacia, Grand Cayman, Honduras and Belize in January and that is our favorite month to cruise the Western Caribbean because of the nice warm (not hot) and rain free days and nice nights to enjoy on deck or on your balacony.

Good choice for a cruise. Now it may be anywhere from cold to cool leaving the US port but after the first day the weather temperature will be very confortable based on our experience. Again last sea day will be on the cool side as you are nearing the US once again depending upon your port.

This is a relative question. I am on the Jan. 15th sailing on the Victory, heading for the western carib. Since I live in Iowa the highs up here are usally in the single digits that time of year. Anything is warmer by comparison.:)

We just went the Western route this past January and it was beautiful. Temps in the mid to high 80s each day and water temps were wonderful. You will have a great time that time of year.

We took Carnival Glory last January to Key West, Belize, Cozumel, and Progreso.

It was chilly at Key West, jackets or sweatshirts a must. It warmed up as we headed to Belize, where it was warm but many people caught chills in the breeze if they had just been in the water. Cozumel was warm when the sun was out, chilly when cloudy. Progreso was sunny all day and warm.

It can be very variable - chilly or warm. or both!

• 4 weeks later...

We went in January of 2003. It was beautiful and very warm. Much more enjoyable than the middle of summer. Have a great time

Tami

Jacksonville Fl.

Western Caribbean Jan.2003

Eastern Caribbean Jan.2004

Alaska June, 2005

Archived