Carry On Wine at Embarkation?

Fan4Fathom

We are new to Oceania and sailing on Riviera in May. Does anyone know if you can carry on board a bottle of wine either on embarkation or when returning from a port?

We love perusing shops in various ports and picking up a local wine that we can enjoy in our cabin, which we do when we sail with Princess. But since this will be our first cruise with O, we'd like to know the rules/ropes first. Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

If we brought our personal (brought on board by us) bottle of wine to dinner, I understand there would be a corkage fee of $25. Having said that, if we only drank 1/2 the bottle and wanted it served at our next dining venue (and not necessarily at the same restaurant), will the sommelier store the open bottle (as apparently they do, if you buy the bottle from them)?

Assuming they will, will there be a second corkage fee at the next restaurant? Or, will they make me bring it back to the room, and then on to the next dinner, thus definitely incurring a second corkage fee?:confused:

Actually on the March 4 Caribbean cruise on Riviera out of Miami I wheeled on a case containing 9 bottles of wine, a bottle of single malt scotch and a bottle of vodka. Paid the $25 corkage for the wine we brought to restaurants and in some cases did not drink the whole bottle and it was transferred to the resturant we ate at the next night, including the Terrace. Also on the day of boarding and the next day certain bottles of wine could be purchased off the wine list for consumption in the restaurants. If 3 bottles were purchased there was a 30% discount and no 18% service charge, a very good deal. There is also no problem in bringing on board liquor or wine purchased in ports. I should say we drank all the wine, but had much of the scotch and vodka left when the cruise was over.

... in some cases did not drink the whole bottle and it was transferred to the resturant we ate at the next night, including the Terrace. .... There is also no problem in bringing on board liquor or wine purchased in ports. I should say we drank all the wine, but had much of the scotch and vodka left when the cruise was over.

Good to know we can even have it brought to the Terrace! Also happy to see that there seems to be no problem bringing a bottle of liquor as well!

For the non drinker in our group, does anyone know if a virgin cocktail (like pina colada or a bloody mary sans liquor), is part of the "free beverage selection of juices and sodas"?

Our first Oceania cruise a year away (totally excited since we booked it a week ago), and I always do my research very early. Fellow CCers are a just a fabulous wealth of info! Thanks!

G

For the non drinker in our group, does anyone know if a virgin cocktail (like pina colada or a bloody mary sans liquor), is part of the "free beverage selection of juices and sodas"?

O!

Yes there are virgin cocktails on the free beverage list. Things like Virgin Kiss, Pina Colada etc

Archived