Labadee Barefoot Beach Cabanas & Concierge Question

Annefran

Hi All,

We have our first GS on the Freedom of the Seas coming up this May 2013. I already know to email the Concierge a few weeks ahead of the cruise to let him or her know that we want to book a cabana in Labadee. My question (and concern) is do you think we will definitely get a cabana on Barefoot Beach because we request it early enough through the Concierge? I know we cannot book Barefoot Beach online. I will also check with the Concierge on boarding day too. I just want to make sure we get a cabana for our day in Labadee. :D

In that you are on the Freedom (and hopefully the only ship that day), you should get a cabana. (However, do understand that posts indicate some of the cabanas were damaged. Not sure when repairs will be completed.)

While you can email early, you may receive a response asking that you try again the week before your cruise (that's how my experience went).

If you do get a confirmation back, I recommend you print it for reference.

In that you are on the Freedom (and hopefully the only ship that day), you should get a cabana. (However, do understand that posts indicate some of the cabanas were damaged. Not sure when repairs will be completed.)

While you can email early, you may receive a response asking that you try again the week before your cruise (that's how my experience went).

If you do get a confirmation back, I recommend you print it for reference.

Thanks so much for the information. I know that they usually keep about 30% of the cabanas available for on board booking for both Nellie's & Barefoot. So hopefully I can check with either the Concierge or Excursion desk first thing upon boarding. I didn't realize that some of the cabanas were damaged? Wow! :cool:

We emailed the concierge prior to boarding. We were so happy to discover he reserved the best cabana for us!

How far in advance did you email the Concierge? I have heard a month before, some say 2 weeks.....Just curious.

How far in advance did you email the Concierge? I have heard a month before, some say 2 weeks.....Just curious.

We were on the Explorer this past Feb and reserved OW7 at Barefoot Beach by emailing the concierge months before our cruise and received an email back confirming. I also a few weeks before our cruise emailed the concierge again just to confirm again and he responded that yes we were. I printed the emails just to have written confirmation but did not need them. Also when we were there there were only 2 cabanas that were damaged. As you face the beach they were the 2 over the water cabanas to the far left.

We were on the Explorer this past Feb and reserved OW7 at Barefoot Beach by emailing the concierge months before our cruise and received an email back confirming. I also a few weeks before our cruise emailed the concierge again just to confirm again and he responded that yes we were. I printed the emails just to have written confirmation but did not need them. Also when we were there there were only 2 cabanas that were damaged. As you face the beach they were the 2 over the water cabanas to the far left.

Thanks so much for the information. I plan on emailing the FOS Concierge before the end of this month. Our cruise isn't until May 26, 2013. I want to request an OW as our first choice and then if that isn't available, we will take whichever is. I'm glad that there was only 2 OW cabanas that were damaged and not more. I'm sure they will repair them soon. I know exactly which you are referring to. Happy Cruising!

Thanks so much for the information. I plan on emailing the FOS Concierge before the end of this month. Our cruise isn't until May 26, 2013. I want to request an OW as our first choice and then if that isn't available, we will take whichever is. I'm glad that there was only 2 OW cabanas that were damaged and not more. I'm sure they will repair them soon. I know exactly which you are referring to. Happy Cruising!

I would recommend emailing the concierge now. The charge is billed to your Sea Pass account on board. The OW cabanas go fast.

I would recommend emailing the concierge now. The charge is billed to your Sea Pass account on board. The OW cabanas go fast.

Great minds think alike ;). I already did! I requested an OW as our first choice, followed by a beach cabana and then a hilltop. We have had both a beach and hilltop so far. DD wants to experience an OW this cruise. Thanks again!

Great minds think alike ;). I already did! I requested an OW as our first choice, followed by a beach cabana and then a hilltop. We have had both a beach and hilltop so far. DD wants to experience an OW this cruise. Thanks again!

Yeah! We loved OW7. Direct access to the water and only 1 cabana next to you OW8.

There were three over the water cabanas still not repaired. Two were connected and the other was a stand alone. Just got off the Independence yesterday. Maybe write two weeks early to at least get in the books as a request.

There were three over the water cabanas still not repaired. Two were connected and the other was a stand alone. Just got off the Independence yesterday. Maybe write two weeks early to at least get in the books as a request.

I know where those cabanas are located. I guess they won't be repaired when we cruise late May. :rolleyes: I sent the Concierge an email the other day and so far have not received a reply. Will email again later this month. Thanks for the update.

I know where those cabanas are located. I guess they won't be repaired when we cruise late May. :rolleyes: I sent the Concierge an email the other day and so far have not received a reply. Will email again later this month. Thanks for the update.

Just checking because a friend wasn't getting response due to a wrong email for them (a different ship). What email address are you sending it to?

Last time we were there, I e-mailed the concierge 1 month prior to our cruise, and never got a response.....

So I then e-mailed him during the cruise just prior to ours, he immediately replied and said he had already reserved the cabana we requested....

As a side note, we have had an over the water twice now....this time we are not going to get any cabana...

Don't get me wrong, we loved it!

BUT...you do not get to see and experience the rest of the resort area...you paid $$ for that Cabana and do not want to leave it....you want to get your moneys worth...which you will do.

We decided, this time, we will just hang out with lounge chairs, swim, then after lunch we will go and explore and experience everything else labadee has to offer.....

They have made improvements everywhere...just not barefoot beach.

Enjoy your cabana...it IS worth it....

fyi, i received a e mail from my concierge, and he told me OW1 thru OW4 were under repair and wont be ready for my sailing. leaving only 5,6,7 and 8. i was able to reserve OW8. hope this helps.....B

Thanks for all the great responses. If I don't hear back from the Concierge by 2 to 3 weeks prior to our cruise, will send another email. We have been to Labadee a few times and have done the zipline and experienced majority of the beach area. That's why we like to reserve the cabanas when we go, we just want to have a relaxing day at the beach and enjoy our cabana. :D

Yes that is correct. The one I found listed didn't have the C on Concierge capitalized but I don't think that matters. It's strange that some get responses and others don't.

I think I am just too early to get a response. Our cruise is morer than a month away. Plus I know that the Concierges are switching out late April early May. I will re-send the email then. I'm sure I will get a response then. Thanks for all your posts, they were very helpful. I will stop back once I hear from the Concierge. :D

We are in a GS on the Allure in October. Before we decided to upgrade to the GS we already reserved a OW on Nellie's. Should we cancel Nellie's and hope to get an OW on Barefoot or keep Nellie's. Not sure how the whole process works...

Our friends are in the RS do they get a higher priority than us?

Archived