Vigo and Cies Islands

motif

Hi.

Thinking about doing a trip to the Cies Islands in July when IOS stops in Vigo. Can anyone offer any advice or tips on this trip? I've looked on a couple of websites and the cost of the trip varies between operators. How long does the crossing take and is there anything other than the wonderful scenery to occupy us (in case it rains!)? Where does the ferry dock on the Islands, and is the departure point in Vigo easily walkable from the cruise terminal? etc...

Many thanks!:)

• 1 month later...

Hi and thanks cruiseluv, I did see that thread before but the info was also on the websites I'd found. I really want people's personal experiences of the islands and the trip over and back. :)

Thanks for the advice, LondonTowner. Do you have any specific personal recommendations? :)

motif

I would visit somewhere like Santiago de Compostela or Pontevedra. The scenery is very pretty as it is so green. I can't advise how to get there on public transport as we always have a car. The cruise ships dock in the centre of Vigo within easy walking distance to the main shopping area.

Have a look on the Galicia Forum on Tripadvisor you may get some information there.

Archived