St. Thomas Helmet Dive Sold Out on Carnival

gwb3636

I went to book the Helmet Dive at Coral World on the Carnival website for April 20 and it was sold out. But if I go to Shore Excursions Group it is available for $10 more per person. If I book direct through Coral World it is cheaper but that would involve taking a cab back and forth which I would rather not do.

I have 2 questions - has anyone booked via Shore Excursions Group and if so were they happy with the service. My second question is why would Carnival show it being sold out? Perhaps they are allowed only so many slots?

Carnival and Coral World have a contractual agreement that Carnival reserves X number of spots for their guests. Those numbers could be sold out, or, the number of on-line sales have been sold out but there may be X number available to be purchased on the ship.

Also note that some vendors, by contract, cannot sell on the open market to cruise customers. This may or may not be the case with Carnival and Coral World.

I booked shore excursions in Nassau to go to blue Lagoon. They never showed up. I went on my own and saved money. Getting a cab to Coki beach and Coral world is easy to do. I would book it directly through coral World.

So I have a contact in St Thomas. Ali and sons taxis and tours. Ali is so great. Will take you where ever you want to go. If you have a group, he will take you to Coki beach, come back for you when you are done, and take you anywhere else on the island. I would highly reccommend him

Thanks for the replies and good information. I did not know I would also be able to book on the ship which I will do. The Carnival price (including transportation) would be the cheapest suprisingly.

• 1 month later...

We had originally booked the helmet dive through Carnival on our Freedom cruise in 2 weeks. Received an email from Carnival last night that said our excursion was cancelled "due to operational considerations. The Tour Operator has determined that they will no longer be able to off."

That's the exact wording. Checked the Coral World website, and it said that they'll soon be offering online reservations. Sounds like a disagreement between Carnival and Coral World.

I booked shore excursions in Nassau to go to blue Lagoon. They never showed up. I went on my own and saved money. Getting a cab to Coki beach and Coral world is easy to do. I would book it directly through coral World.

I also went to book through carnival and it was sold out so I called Coral World and it was super easy to book. The cab ride is about $10 pp and the fee to do the helmet dive includes your entrance. Coral world opened some slots for my family when I called them direct plus we will be able to see the other things there since we aren't with a tour group that leaves at a certain time. BOOK YOURSELF! it will be fine.

• 7 months later...
So I have a contact in St Thomas. Ali and sons taxis and tours. Ali is so great. Will take you where ever you want to go. If you have a group, he will take you to Coki beach, come back for you when you are done, and take you anywhere else on the island. I would highly reccommend him

I read about ali elsewhere. Where did you hear about him?