Pacific Princess Cabin 8046 (Black Sea Cruise)

GradUT

We have been waitlisted on a Pacific Princess cruise through the Black Sea and were just notified that we have been matched to Cabin 8046. Does anyone know anything about this cabin (or similar ones)?

I just looked on the Pacific Princess deck plan to find out something about this cabin. It would not be my first choice of cabin because it is located next to the elevators and just below the pool deck. It is also a wheelchair-accessible room--what difference will this be? Also, there appears to be the symbol for a hallway door next to this room. What does this mean? Finally, from the diagram it looks like the balcony "bumps" out a bit from the ship. Am I reading that right?

We have cruised Princess once before (Island Princess) in a mini-suite (which 8046 also is), so we would be thrilled with another mini-suite. But, I just want to know more about this particular cabin and what ramifications its location might have on our enjoyment of the cruise.

Many thanks!

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/pa/deck_plans/index.html

The elevators won't bother you and this cabin is under the end of the pool deck (possibly under the washrooms) so I wouldn't be concerned about noise. Wheelchair access cabins have a larger shower and wider door. It sounds like a good cabin.

Thanks so much! That's what I was hoping to hear.

We did this cruise in Sept 11. You will LOVE it!!! It's such an interesting cruise.

It looks like you'll be under the restrooms. Our neighbors were under the forward pool restroom and said it was quiet.

Jan, thanks for the info. We did end up accepting the waitlist match and I'm thrilled about this cruise and this cabin sounds like it will be just fine.

I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed this cruise. I'm having a hard time finding out about private tours and/or private tour guides in the ports (since I'd prefer not to go on a ship's tour, if possible). Did you go on any non-ship tours? If so, can you recommend any companies or guides?

Many thanks!

Jan, thanks for the info. We did end up accepting the waitlist match and I'm thrilled about this cruise and this cabin sounds like it will be just fine.

I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed this cruise. I'm having a hard time finding out about private tours and/or private tour guides in the ports (since I'd prefer not to go on a ship's tour, if possible). Did you go on any non-ship tours? If so, can you recommend any companies or guides?

Many thanks!

Yes!!! I couldn't volunteer, but now that you've asked I can HIGHLY recommend Sergey in Yalta. There are more than one Sergey (Russian for John?), so follow this link: http://sergoyalta.at.ua/index/yalta_sevastopol_private_tour_guides_historian_sergey_tsarapora/0-2

We spent a full day with him and saw almost everything. Be sure to see the Balacava Caves and the battlefields from the Battle of the Light Brigade. If you can get Sergey himself, try. I'm sure his assistants have been well trained, but Sergey is a professor of history and not only knows his stuff, it's as if he lived it! I cannot say enough about the tour we got. We were a group of 8, I wouldn't go with more. The fewer people, the less wandering there will be and you'll see more. With any guide it's first come/first served, so reserve your spot and then look for people to add. I think we reserved with him over a year before the date.

If you go to Slovenia (I know the itinerary has changed a little), we used Graeme Chuter with Four Seasons Travel. http://www.bledtaxis.com/about-us/who-we-are/ Graeme was very good and when we arrived a little early to port, he gave us an option of a walking tour of Koper. There was no extra charge for that. He was so nice! Be sure to see Bled Castle.

Odessa, Constanta and Varna we just walked around.

In Istanbul, we went on a walking tour arranged by a couple on the roll call. It was about 4 hours and the guide took us on the train across the river so that we didn't have to walk all the way from the port. It was a great tour and he really knew the history well and presented it in a story format rather than just regurgitating facts. His name was Kagan: http://www.privatetoursinturkey.com/kagan.html

The catacombs under Istanbul:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAv2RcaJhEGiMGlvg6Mlv-IAX0sUTduC6h4Wi3q-Ut4D1p--GT

Oh, I almost forgot Meteora. Do go to see the monasteries! I can't find the name of the tour group, but many just take a cab. Found it! It's a long way by bus/car~ about 2 hours. We used a tour company that had a very nice 15 passenger a/c bus for 8 of us. We had to make a deposit ahead, but if I remember correctly it was about the cost of 2 passengers, so no real danger of losing anyone's $ but ours. http://www.achtypistours.gr/volos-tour-meteora-monasteries-lunch We had a good guide and the driver was able to take us and drop us at the top of the hills, when the big buses from the ship parked at the bottom and walked up. It's a strenous trip, but our guide was easily in her 70's.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

• 1 month later...

I am so pleased to find this thread as we would love more information on our room but so far have not been able to find out anything. We are on a Nov 11th sailing and are so excited to be on a small ship. As far as the roll call have post there and no one must be on our sailing???/ There has been no respondence. If there is anything to share please do.

Archived