We booked RCI again...let's see if we keep the booking

Redsfan

Around this time last year we wanted to give RCI a chance and booked the IOS for 6 nights. We planned on keeping it but found a great deal for the Breeze 8 days for the same price. We enjoyed the trip, but with recent changes at Carnival and our own opinions of our Cruises we wanted again to see if we could book RCI for this year to compare...

Wifey just booked a 7 day on the Freedom of the Seas for December at a pretty good price for their Family Promenade Stateroom that holds 6 at over 300 sq ft.

This is one of their best ships, so unless things change (Disney sale!) we will likely give them a shot and see if the $400-$500 upcharge is worth it. We pretty much know what to expect out of CCL, so we will soon see!!

Good luck and happy cruising! Once you return could you please post a review/comparison here as well for us curious Carnival cruisers? I'm starting to become really curious about RC and would love to read other Carnival cruisers opinion.

I just don't get it! We have been on N.C.L., Princess, R.C.C.L., Carnival, Celebrity and have yet to be disappointed!!!:D

Just being on the sea with a balcony under my feet is enough for me.:cool:

Don't know how you could ever be unhappy on a cruise...

Happy sailing everyone!!!:)

I just don't get it! We have been on N.C.L., Princess, R.C.C.L., Carnival, Celebrity and have yet to be disappointed!!!:D

I couldn't agree more...Any cruise is better than being at work, housework, cooking etc....Have a great cruise which ever line you choose.

no doubt and we have not hated any of our Carnival cruises. I did notice a drop in food quality, repeat Comedy Shows and a lack of nightlife and shows even on The Breeze. I don't see anything wrong with trying something and see if it appeals to you. When I am spending a lot of money for a family of 5 I want to feel like it is worth it. To be on Holidays and look out to Sea is fantastic. We loved most of our Breeze cruise as well, but we got a descent deal on RCI so it won't necessarily kill us to try it. In the past we would look at an $800 price difference or so, but for this 7 day it would likely only be $300 difference for comparable cabins, ports, etc. And even in that it takes into account 2 insides with any ship not Dream/Breeze (which have 5's) vs a Family Promenade Stateroom on RCI which cannot be duplicated on CCL..

Depending on the age of your children, FOS has the flowrider, rock wall, and the ice rink. There are 4 ice skating shows during the week, plus times set aside for the passengers to skate.

Cruising is fun, exciting, and sometimes unpredictable. This alone makes cruising unique to DW and myself.

Depending on the age of your children, FOS has the flowrider, rock wall, and the ice rink. There are 4 ice skating shows during the week, plus times set aside for the passengers to skate.

Cruising is fun, exciting, and sometimes unpredictable. This alone makes cruising unique to DW and myself.

we have 3 girls who will be 4, 6 and 12 so lots to do for them....price has been an issue before but this cruise runs 3100 for 5 of us which isn't bad for Royal...

Hard to find cabins on CCL or any cruise line for 5 and 2 rooms bumps up the price. So that is another reason to look outside Carnival as well.

no doubt and we have not hated any of our Carnival cruises. I did notice a drop in food quality, repeat Comedy Shows and a lack of nightlife and shows even on The Breeze. I don't see anything wrong with trying something and see if it appeals to you. When I am spending a lot of money for a family of 5 I want to feel like it is worth it. To be on Holidays and look out to Sea is fantastic. We loved most of our Breeze cruise as well, but we got a descent deal on RCI so it won't necessarily kill us to try it. In the past we would look at an $800 price difference or so, but for this 7 day it would likely only be $300 difference for comparable cabins, ports, etc. And even in that it takes into account 2 insides with any ship not Dream/Breeze (which have 5's) vs a Family Promenade Stateroom on RCI which cannot be duplicated on CCL..

Good for you for trying something new. We have enjoyed all of our Carnival cruises but have also enjoyed our cruises with the other lines. You won't know until you try it so why not. Variety is good!

Around this time last year we wanted to give RCI a chance and booked the IOS for 6 nights. We planned on keeping it but found a great deal for the Breeze 8 days for the same price. We enjoyed the trip, but with recent changes at Carnival and our own opinions of our Cruises we wanted again to see if we could book RCI for this year to compare...

Wifey just booked a 7 day on the Freedom of the Seas for December at a pretty good price for their Family Promenade Stateroom that holds 6 at over 300 sq ft.

This is one of their best ships, so unless things change (Disney sale!) we will likely give them a shot and see if the $400-$500 upcharge is worth it. We pretty much know what to expect out of CCL, so we will soon see!!

RCI ships are just beautiful!

You will have a great time. :)

I've only sailed on the majesty of the seas (different vibe i'm sure as it was just a 3 and 4 day cruise) but it was the best cruises i've taken. Of course it could be because it was just my husband and I so we partook (partaked??) of the bar a fair bit. :D

I bet you have a great time :) :)

Good for you for trying something new. We have enjoyed all of our Carnival cruises but have also enjoyed our cruises with the other lines. You won't know until you try it so why not. Variety is good!

funny though I had a thread around the same time last year when we booked Independence of the Seas but that all changed when we decided to try the Breeze. Outside any family emergencies or work related issues (heaven forbid..) I think the only thing stopping us from going on this one will be a Disney sale. My 2 youngest are at that age, and we can get the best of both worlds if we find a reasonable cruise out of Miami..

I've only sailed on the majesty of the seas (different vibe i'm sure as it was just a 3 and 4 day cruise) but it was the best cruises i've taken. Of course it could be because it was just my husband and I so we partook (partaked??) of the bar a fair bit. :D

I bet you have a great time :) :)

We loved our Majesty cruise.

Good luck and happy cruising! Once you return could you please post a review/comparison here as well for us curious Carnival cruisers? I'm starting to become really curious about RC and would love to read other Carnival cruisers opinion.

for sure as long as we stay with it LOL...the nice thing with RCI is that you can get your deposit back hastle free within 75 days of the cruise so we found a cabin that works for a larger family and if something else comes along somewhere we can cancel close to our trip...we are curious about the differences as well.

Archived