Out of Control

The one closest to me is always low on inventory. They took over the space of a now defunct electronics store. They need maybe half or less of the space. They have large areas of the store that are completely empty and huge aisles between the racks of clothes. It reminds me of a store going out of business. They seldom have more than a few items in my size and every time I go in (mainly because I have heard of a great finds on here) I walk out without anything.

This has been my experience as well. I stick with TJ Maxx and Marshalls when I am looking for great bargains.

The one closest to me is always low on inventory. They took over the space of a now defunct electronics store. They need maybe half or less of the space. They have large areas of the store that are completely empty and huge aisles between the racks of clothes. It reminds me of a store going out of business. They seldom have more than a few items in my size and every time I go in (mainly because I have heard of a great finds on here) I walk out without anything.

Guess it must be true of other stores too. My store is actually in a new strip mall...so it wasn't like they took over another store which happened to be too big. But, lots of empty spaces in mine too.

I will have to say the biggest inventory they have in the store is women's dresses. I haven't bought one yet, because I have enough at the present time...but, the prices are great. Especially if you need a really fancy one.

As far as anything else goes clothes-wise..the selection is very poor.

I still like Ross' because you can't beat the prices and fairly good quality on many items. If I'm looking for something, I'll check there first. At Christmas I snagged a few Le Creuset dishes at the fraction of the cost for my sister (and me!) :)

Gosh I hate to say this....................But I have you all beat for being out of control. Last summer when I drove to Seattle from AR and then down the coast of CA before coming home...........shopping all along the way.................I ended up buying 28 dresses before getting home and I haven't stopped. Whenever I see a Ross, I go in because they have such cute clothes and FANTASTIC prices. Good thing the nearest one is 150 miles from me. I was in IL last week and on the way home Fri, stopped in St Louis at Ross. Came out with 3 more new dresses. One another evening dress. I now have it in 6 different colors......Time for me to stop....seriously :eek:

You sound like the most fun person in the world to go shopping with!:)

My DIL finds really cute dresses at Ross. But, I never do. They have very few items in my size, and what they have is often ugly.

Our Ross which is a 45 minute drive for me is in a space that seems too

large for the merchandise they have.

I will keep trying, but I have low expectations. Not that I need to buy anything anyway.:D

Ross stores seem to vary widely depending on locale and proximity to money or colleges. The best ones sometimes seem to be nearer the nicer suburbs or near coeds. Same theory if you wear plus sizes and there's an area in your metro that may have more ladies of size. That's why it's always good to stop in any you pass just to see what's there! (heed ArHilbilly's role model!!!:D)

Lately the one near me seems to be rearranging where things are which always irritates me but have a decent selection. Picked up some capris today that I didn't need but I constantly watch for pants with both side and hip pockets since try to never carry a purse.

I go into Ross at least once a week, always buy something and always shoes for sure, maybe a purse and clothes if I can find them. We are lucky to have dozens around us. I was in 3 today as it happens.

Today it was a pair of black Ellen Tracy dress trousers, a black dress that you can wear 100 different ways, a nice summer purse made from straw with beaded handles, a floppy sun hat (I bought the same one in a different color last week) and a really cool Steve Madden lunch bag that looks like a purse.

I then gave in and went into Orlando and bought the pair of zigi soho shoes I have had my eyes on and then wandered into the outlets and got a nice Aldo bracelet set and earrings to match another pair of zigi soho shoes I have.

Oh and I went to JC Penny and bought a Lulu Guinness purse.

This unfortunately is a weekly occurrence for me as I normally have Monday off so it is always shopping of some sorts.

I'm trying to stop myself from buying too much more as I have already started making a list of stores I want to stop in when I hit the Baltics in August. I plan to do some serious shopping over there.

Watch out shopping for clothes in the Baltics & Scandinavia is prohibitively expensive, lots of them get the ferries to the Northern UK to do their clothes shopping.

Just need to add that although i have not yet persuaded DH to commit to going on a cruise yet i have so far bought new deck shoes, a linen dress & a purple maxi dress! lol..................... he better let me book a cruise quick..........:D

2BAC:)

buying new dresses, etc. I was trying to be specific what I might really NEED to add to my 12 Med cruise wardrobe..

I take a lot of dresses for dinner...

I do not wear a lot of dresses at work or home..so I enjoy cruising dinners while dressed in a dress... :)

I get my BEST deals at Lord and Taylor..around the holidays last winter, they had a 20$ off 40 $ purchase....so I buy clearance...get an extra 20% off coupon discount....get some GREAT deals.....like a Calvin Klein metallic dress with a netting overlay....18$$$$ so comfortable....

BUT I realized all the Longer shorts capris I brought on last years cruise were beige...different styles...but seemed redundant...

So I just ordered a pair of CK white capris....

I am TRYING to behave...

Bernadette

Archived