Flight leaves at 4:30pm

needabreakcanada

Our flight leaves the same day our cruise gets back at 4:30pm.

Was just wondering if it would be worth doing a day pass at a hotel for the time in between?

Not sure when we get off ship or how long it will take at airport - have never been to San Juan before.

Thanks,

*bump*

I also have a flight leaving at 4:30pm (on a Sunday) so I would be interested in this answer also. I figure we should be off the ship by 9:30, and would need to be headed to the airport by 2pm so that leaves us with about 4.5 hours to kill and plenty of luggage to store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It depends on what you want to do & how much the pass is. It would not be worth it to me.

You can stash your luggage at Barrachinas for about $5 & explore the city. We usually get a tasty meal & then head to the AP.

Was just wondering if it would be worth doing a day pass at a hotel for the time in between?

Not sure when we get off ship or how long it will take at airport - have never been to San Juan before.

Thanks,

Last year we had a 3:30 pm flight, went straight to the airport after getting off of the ship around 11 am, and barely made our flight. We stood in one line after another for over 3 1/2 hours. The SJU airport is a zoo on cruise return days.

Last year we had a 3:30 pm flight, went straight to the airport after getting off of the ship around 11 am, and barely made our flight. We stood in one line after another for over 3 1/2 hours. The SJU airport is a zoo on cruise return days.

Yikes!! Is this typical?? I fly out on a Sunday in June. I was planning on 2.5 hours for airport. Is this not enough???

Yikes!! Is this typical?? I fly out on a Sunday in June. I was planning on 2.5 hours for airport. Is this not enough???

If you get right off the ship first thing in the morning (we do self-debark) and headed directly to the airport, the lines should not be that bad. We left our ship at 7:30 am and were at our departure gate at 9am.

However, the lines quickly grow from there. So, the later you get there, the longer the lines you are likely to encounter.

Any flight 11am or later should be fine. As for those with a later flight, it's hard to say how long it will take to get through the ag inspections and security lines.

Thanks,

What we did was book The Ritz for the day before and advised we would not be checking in until early morning the next day so we would not be called a 'no show'. We arranged for late check out which was 4:00 P.M.

Because we booked for the day before, we went immediately to our room when we arrived, spent a great day at their beach/pool, had lunch, went to our room to shower and dress and check out in time to go to the airport for our flight. Our flight was at 5:30 P.M.

Archived