Royal Princess - Forward Staterooms

DUC950

We sailed on the Royal from Barcelona to Istanbul and back and stayed on for its maiden voyage across the Atlantic to Ft. Lauderdale last September. We stayed in cabin L106. We cannot believe the misinformation that people put forth about these cabins. They are by far the best mini-suites on the ship. Princess could NOT care less whether the occupants have the balcony door open or not. We were in mild climates the whole four weeks and spent many evenings on the balcony literally whispering because it was so quiet even though most of the surrounding cabins were not occupied because of all the false rumors. On an elevator one morning a supposed "expert" was telling all that Princess should be ashamed for selling the forward cabins without telling people they could not use the balconies. In the elevator lobby I informed him that he was completely wrong. He became indignant and when I asked him the source of his information he informed me that his cabin attendant told him. I informed him I was staying in L106 and had been for several weeks and that he was simply misinformed. He was so indignant I though we were going to come to blows. DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ ON CRUISE CRITIC ABOUT THE FORWARD CABINS ON THE ROYAL. THEY ARE PERFECT. THE BALCONIES COULD HOLD 30 PEOPLE. THE VIEWS AT SEA OR IN PORT ARE FANTASTIC. THE WIND IS NOT A PROBLEM UNLESS IN A STORM. IF Y0U GET A CHANCE TO GET ONE TAKE IT. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. GET A LARGE FORWARD LOOKING CABIN.

Edited by DSS

The height is the same and the bottom of the balcony outside comes up about 6 inches and that is all. When I was on in Dec. the people in the cabins in front were using there balconys all the time and the only card in there cabin asked them to keep the lights down low because of the bridge area one deck below! We had no problems at all with our balcony view. I also have photos of my cabin !

Hi fielddreamer. We are in cabin L115 on the Royal in January. Could you post some of the photos you have?

We sailed on the Royal from Barcelona to Istanbul and back and stayed on for its maiden voyage across the Atlantic to Ft. Lauderdale last September. We stayed in cabin L106. We cannot believe the misinformation that people put forth about these cabins. They are by far the best mini-suites on the ship. Princess could NOT care less whether the occupants have the balcony door open or not. We were in mild climates the whole four weeks and spent many evenings on the balcony literally whispering because it was so quiet even though most of the surrounding cabins were not occupied because of all the false rumors. On an elevator one morning a supposed "expert" was telling all that Princess should be ashamed for selling the forward cabins without telling people they could not use the balconies. In the elevator lobby I informed him that he was completely wrong. He became indignant and when I asked him the source of his information he informed me that his cabin attendant told him. I informed him I was staying in L106 and had been for several weeks and that he was simply misinformed. He was so indignant I though we were going to come to blows. DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ ON CRUISE CRITIC ABOUT THE FORWARD CABINS ON THE ROYAL. THEY ARE PERFECT. THE BALCONIES COULD HOLD 30 PEOPLE. THE VIEWS AT SEA OR IN PORT ARE FANTASTIC. THE WIND IS NOT A PROBLEM UNLESS IN A STORM. IF Y0U GET A CHANCE TO GET ONE TAKE IT. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. GET A LARGE FORWARD LOOKING CABIN.

Bless your heart and everyone else's that have posted the truth about the forward facing balconies!!! We were able to upgrade from a BZ balcony to L104 two days ago. We now have a deluxe forward facing balcony for less than a BZ balcony and more OBC. Score!!!!!

Cheers, Denise