Signature Of Excellence DVD players

AndrewM

This might be a stupid question but what are the new cabin DVD players for? Can we rent DVDs on the ships, should I bring some with me..or are they good for playing music CDs. What will you all be using them for?

We watched movies on our DVD on the Westerdam. I don't know if they play music, but I think they do. You can rent movies from the Front Office. They are free, but they will charge you a deposit fee and credit your account when you return the DVD. You can also bring your own.

I was on Zaandam April/May for 3 weeks. Our DVD player would play music CDs, even the homemade ones :) Even more important it would play mp3 CDs - I only brought one to try out but it sure saves luggage space.

They have a binder of DVD titles available for rental .... I believe there is a charge unless you are in suite. ~ 1000 titles .....some classics/kids stuff/fairly new releases. They are listed by title and also listed in sections such as horror/romance etc.

On most HAL ships, only the suites have DVD players. Also, the suites have a video library where DVDs can be rented or you can bring your own.

We had one in an SS Suite on the Westerdam. I think they may be changing over from video players to DVD players in the Suites, SS Suites, and mini-suites on all the ships, particulary once all the flat screen TV's are installed.

On most HAL ships, only the suites have DVD players. Also, the suites have a video library where DVDs can be rented or you can bring your own.

According to their SOE plan, all staterooms will have DVD players, not just suites.

Question for the ppl that used the DVD players.. How big was the library to select from??

I am not a big show lounge person and on my last RSSC cruise not once in 12 nights did I go there after dinner. But they had 200-300 VHS tapes and I did watch a number of movies.... I REALLLLLY like the fact I could start a movie when I wanted to and turn it off when I wanted to.....

Do the regular cabins (not suites) have CD players?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Just came back from the Rotterdam category E outside cabin and we sure had a DVD player (along with a flat screen TV and all the other goodies from the SOE upgrades!!).

The Explorations Café had a whole bunch of DVDs available to borrow, you can listen to your CDs and what I liked even more is that I got my digital pictures transferred onto a CD on the ship, and I could view my pics on the TV!!

Just off Zuidy in Cat SS -- no upgraded linens yet, but bed was comfortable. Can't remember about DVD. Expect the upgrades after December drydock. Photos below.

Candy <-- Zuidy V coming in August

How about the beds in the SS suites on the Zuiderdam; does anyone know it they have the upgraded mattresses yet?

If not can you request an egg crate to soften up the bed?

Archived