Transport Heathrow to Harwich-R we spending too much?

We have reserved a van along with trailer for luggage for eight of us - Heathrow to Harwich (to our hotels-there are 8 of us) and back again Harwich to London Hotel. Total cost divided between eight comes to 57.09 GBP per person.

Is this too much? It just seems the most convenient way to go.

Your expert comments, please.

thankyou.

Thanks, Nick. This will eliminate the necessity of leaving Heathrow into Liverpool St. carrying all that luggage to get on a train and then perhaps having to make changes along the way. But, I didn't want to get into too much money so now you have made me feel better about the deal.

Rockgarden,

That is a very good price. We booked and paid last year and got a much better exchange rate so 6 of us paid around $130 each, which was much better than what we would have had to pay with the cruise line, since we would have had to pay for transfers back and forth to the hotel. Since we were concerned about the luggage fitting the van we got the larger van for 8 people; which based on our needs didn't require us renting a trailer also. In addition we felt we wouldn't be as cramped with the bigger van. We are using www.airporttransfers.biz I read on their site about some of the scams that certain transfer companies use. I highly recommend anyone that is booking their own transfer to read some of the info they have. It is very interesting and entertaining too.

Mike

See our reviews and pictures at Mike and Carol's Website

Costa Classica 3/94

Celebrity Mercury 4/98

Carnival Destiny 4/99

Crown Princess 7/01

Norwegian Star 11/01

Grand Princess 12/01

Sun Princess 3/02

Celebrity Constellation 11/02

Brilliance of the Seas 6/03

Navigator of the Seas 11/03

Jewel of the Seas 06/04

Tahitian Princess 02/05

Mike, I think that is who we used. It got a bit confusing at first because we applied to them and ended up with Mal@to-an-fro.com. I believe there must be a few indivuals all operating from the main site, but each owning his own van/car, etc. Anyway, it is much the best way since I figured out we would go from Heathrow, then maybe to Victoria Station, then to Liverpool St and from there to Harwich.

A whole mess of lugging the luggage on and off trains, and probably paying as much or more than the price we are paying.

At present, all is going well. Hope the same goes for all of you.

Rockgarden,

It is by far the best way to go both for cost and convenience. I believe the RCCL transfers to Harwich are around $130 per person. But if you don't use their hotels for a pre-stay, you will have to get to your hotel and then go all the way back to Heathrow on the morning of the cruise to catch their bus. They won't pick you up from your own hotel.

Mike

See our reviews and pictures at Mike and Carol's Website

Costa Classica 3/94

Celebrity Mercury 4/98

Carnival Destiny 4/99

Crown Princess 7/01

Norwegian Star 11/01

Grand Princess 12/01

Sun Princess 3/02

Celebrity Constellation 11/02

Brilliance of the Seas 6/03

Navigator of the Seas 11/03