Ruby Princess June 29,2013 Rome to Venice

neilrr

My Partner Jerry and I just booked the 6/29/13 Ruby Princess cruise and wanted to see if any other family members were travelling. We have been on the Ruby 3 times before and really enjoyed it. Once we got the airfare promotion from Princess, we were ready to go...

We look forward to hearing from others taking or considering this cruise.

Have a great weekend. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We are now under 60 days until our cruise. We thought with the great Princess air promotion, we might have heard from other travellers on our cruise. The general roll call for this trip is also very quiet...

Hope we are not sailing all alone... Ha!!:)

Look forward to meeting other fellow cruisers onboard.

Happy Sailing!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

We will cruise on the same date.

We are two guys from Quebec (Canada) who talk French.

Did you find some excursions? With Princess or by yourselves?

mike4ever - Bon Jour...

You were on the main roll call too.. Gald you showed up here...

We booked the excursions through Princess. We have seen issues in the past where people tried to book things on their own and then they didn't get into the port, or other issues came up and they had a mess.

For the 4-5 excursions -- we are doing it through Princess - if something gets cancelled -we get credited right away - no muss; no fuss.

I know many have had good experiences privately too and it saved some money - but we will just stick with the ships' excursions since we have not been to several of these ports before...

We are looking forward to going to Paradise Beach in Mykonos -- on our own excursion...:D

Have a great weekend. Look forward to meeting you both.. :)

Can we write a private message to someone if we have some specific questions on this forum?

mike4ever - No, I do not believe so... You can provide your e-mail on here and the person can write to you.. That is not a problem. I have seen that done.

• 2 weeks later...
Neil: what is your excursion at Naples for Capri? Do you have a group with a private driver?

Can we join you?

mike4ever20 - We are doing the ships excursion to Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. It is excursion NAP115A - it leaves at 7:45AM and returns at 5:15PM and I believe it includes lunch. Though it was a little more expensive, it saves a lot of hassle if they skip a port or there is a problem.

Hope you will join us. :)

It's also what we have chosen, but we are not sure about the time in the bus. We can't stop to take pictures or something else.

We have seen that

http://www.romeinlimo.com/naples/positano-amalfi-ravello.htm

Do you have information about excursion with princess from someone who has already done it?

mike4ever20 - I am sure they will make quite a few stops over a 9 hour period. We reviewed the information on-line from the princess website and I am sure you can get more information here in Cruise Critic.

I suggest doing a search in the general Princess area on the specific excursion(s) and see what type of feedback you receive from others.

Good luck!!! - Let me know what you come up with...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Neil,

Do you have an excursion in Corfu?

We found something but we are only two and I think that it's a lot expansive. 200 euros for 5 hours per car.

Corfu taxi private tours

We visit Achellion, Palakastritsa where we will stop for a boat excursion into caves, Kanoni and others good spots.

Are you interested? If yes, it will be 50 euros by person.

Keep me inform.

Have highly recommended private tour guide available for June 30th to see Pompeii and environs. He wants 60 euros per hour (includes transportation but not entrance fees- 11 euro) and the two of us would like to spend the day (maybe 5-6 hours) doing the sites. Looking for another 2-4 adults to join and share costs. Please respond ASAP. Thanks

Archived