Seatac by 9:30am??

We are possibly sailing on the Carnival Miracle and were wondering if we self debark, is it safe to think that we can be at Seatac by 9:30am? for an 11:30am flight back home?

I've never done self debark before, so don't know what to expect.

Thank you to all that reply.

We are possibly sailing on the Carnival Miracle and were wondering if we self debark, is it safe to think that we can be at Seatac by 9:30am? for an 11:30am flight back home?

I've never done self debark before, so don't know what to expect.

Thank you to all that reply.

That is what we are doing since it was the only flight time to work for us. We are doing self disembark and have set for a town car to take us to the airport.

If you can use a luggage valet service provided by the cruise line, you'll already be checked in and all you have to do at the airport is go through security.

Now fingers crossed that both Customs and the TSA send enough people to work that day.

We went through Seatac in March and there were no special lines for Nexus or GOES holders. I had entered our Nexus info online for the airline check in documentation and it stated that the boarding pass would be coded to show Nexus or GOES status. When we went through security the line up was only 15 mins so I never asked, no one said anything and I did not see any separate security lines.

Maybe this is something they are working on and it might be in place for the summer.

We went through Seatac in March and there were no special lines for Nexus or GOES holders. I had entered our Nexus info online for the airline check in documentation and it stated that the boarding pass would be coded to show Nexus or GOES status. When we went through security the line up was only 15 mins so I never asked, no one said anything and I did not see any separate security lines.

Maybe this is something they are working on and it might be in place for the summer.

There is a TSA PreChek line at Seattle that runs year-round. There is only one, though, and there are 4 checkpoints (good for all gates, though). The code for PreChek is not human readable, so you can't tell by looking at the pass.

The only PreCheck line used to be at the extreme north ("D gates") checkpoint. They relocated it in October to the Central checkpoint. How it worked when I used it is you got into the TSA PreChek line, and if you didn't have PreCheck authorization (you don't always, even if you are eligible) they'd direct you to normal screening. I've not seen the screener in the regular lines re-direct you to PreChek here.

Also, remember you MUST have your "known traveler id" number (on the back of the Nexus card) entered on your airline reservation in order to be eligible for PreChek at all. Just having a Nexus card doesn't automatically do it.

I love it though. When I used it, I was through security in 3 minutes flat, including the nearly non-existent PreChek line.

There is a TSA PreChek line at Seattle that runs year-round. There is only one, though, and there are 4 checkpoints (good for all gates, though). The code for PreChek is not human readable, so you can't tell by looking at the pass.

The only PreCheck line used to be at the extreme north ("D gates") checkpoint. They relocated it in October to the Central checkpoint. How it worked when I used it is you got into the TSA PreChek line, and if you didn't have PreCheck authorization (you don't always, even if you are eligible) they'd direct you to normal screening. I've not seen the screener in the regular lines re-direct you to PreChek here.

Also, remember you MUST have your "known traveler id" number (on the back of the Nexus card) entered on your airline reservation in order to be eligible for PreChek at all. Just having a Nexus card doesn't automatically do it.

I love it though. When I used it, I was through security in 3 minutes flat, including the nearly non-existent PreChek line.

Good to know for future travel, Thanks.

I had entered the known traveller number along with passport number on the airline website. I did not see any signeage for the PreChek / Nexus / GOES line so I assumed ( Ya I know ) that once our boarding passes were scanned we would be re routed. The lines were minimal so it was no big deal for us but I will definately look closer next time.

We also have an 11:30 flight out of SEATAC after our cruise in August. Our TA automatically signed us up for the Princess Transfer. After reading many posts on here, I am going to have her remove the transfer before our final payment and schedule a town car to pick us up after we self-disembark.

Good to know for future travel, Thanks.

I had entered the known traveller number along with passport number on the airline website. I did not see any signeage for the PreChek / Nexus / GOES line so I assumed ( Ya I know ) that once our boarding passes were scanned we would be re routed. The lines were minimal so it was no big deal for us but I will definately look closer next time.

First time I used it I couldn't find it either. I had to ask directions from a passing TSA agent. You had to be right on top of it before you saw any signs.

I'd post the directions but all I know is where the one on the "D" gate checkpoint was. Haven't flown since they moved it to the "Central" checkpoint, hope it is more visible than the old one was.

We also have an 11:30 flight out of SEATAC after our cruise in August. Our TA automatically signed us up for the Princess Transfer. After reading many posts on here, I am going to have her remove the transfer before our final payment and schedule a town car to pick us up after we self-disembark.

Wise move to remove the Princess transfer. We have done the R/T Seattle cruise several times. We always use the luggage direct. We get the airline tags the last night of the cruise. Put them on our bags and do not see them until we arrive in Charlotte. We get our boarding pass along with the airline tags (no checking in and checking luggage). Go through customs at the terminal and only have the TSA line at the airport. We always use Already There towncar service. Our flight to Charlotte is around 1:40 p.m. and we have lots of time at the airport. I would not choose 11:30 if I did not do luggage direct and have a towncar service. Just MHO.

I don't have a NEXUS pass, but was directed to an expedited / shorter security line because I had bought that premium with jet blue. There were (what I believe were) airline employees going through a separate scanner right next to us, and many disgruntled people with the passes complaining to TSA staff. They were saying the passes weren't working and the way they were being screened it defeated the whole purpose of having this pass. I hope they work the bugs out. All the passengers chiming in seemed to be in agreement on that point, even the guys going through the different security line overheard the complaints & were agreeing with them.

Archived