Packing cubes heys or ebags?

I have both and have used both on long international trips and on my first cruise and I have to say ... Truthfully they keep you mega organized but take up more space... I love them but on my last trip I wound up going to target and buying those deflating Air bags that u roll the Air out just to fit All my treasures I picked up.. So on my next trip I'm going to put my clothes in the air bags and things like underwear and socks in the packing cubes....

I ordered 2 sets of the SML (one for me and one for hubby) and a set of slims for myself. We travel a lot to visit family and conventions, as well as have two cruises planned this year so I'm super excited. Kinda been eyeing more bags now that I can see how they fit in my luggage but hoping to catch another good coupon.

Now I'm just in the market for a decent tolietry kit. I almost bought the ebags one but it seemed pricey for what it is.

I ordered 2 sets of the SML (one for me and one for hubby) and a set of slims for myself. We travel a lot to visit family and conventions, as well as have two cruises planned this year so I'm super excited. Kinda been eyeing more bags now that I can see how they fit in my luggage but hoping to catch another good coupon.

Now I'm just in the market for a decent tolietry kit. I almost bought the ebags one but it seemed pricey for what it is.

Try Target and Walmart. I purchased one that you can hang on the door from Walmart about 2 years ago.

I LOVE the ebags toiletry kit! It packs nearly flat and holds a ton! It hangs from a included hook and has a waterproof compartment. Love mine!

I LOVE the ebags toiletry kit! It packs nearly flat and holds a ton! It hangs from a included hook and has a waterproof compartment. Love mine!

I like LL Bean's travel kit. It hangs. The large easily holds several large bottles. I have a large one, but I am buying a medium for this trip. I thought about the Ebags toiletry kit, but I don't think it fits what I need.

A few years ago I found the Baggallini Hanging Cosmetic bag at T J Maxx for a cheap price and I decided to buy it and to tell the truth I am glad I did. As you can see if you follow the link there are a number of compartments that are ideal for cosmetics or other items especially liquids.

Shak

http://www.amazon.com/Baggallini-Luggage-Hanging-Cosmetic-Black/dp/B000E48R02

I like LL Bean's travel kit. It hangs. The large easily holds several large bottles. I have a large one, but I am buying a medium for this trip. I thought about the Ebags toiletry kit, but I don't think it fits what I need.

I have also had success with putting full sized shampoo, conditioner, and shave gel containers into my medium sized LL Bean travel kit. Of course not as much other stuff will fit -- if you need a lot of full sized containers I'd go with the large, but for just a couple of full size mixed with some travel size the medium is great. I've found it to be a very versatile size. It holds quite a bit when needed, but if you don't pack it full it will of course squish down and take up a lot less space for shorter trips.

Ordered 2 sets of the 3pack of ebags. Colors- denim and aqua.

Did some more digging and basically they rate the same but ebags comes out alot cheaper.

April 10th delivery, thanks all!

I also like the ebags. However I prefer the Medium and large size and ordered extras in those sizes. I found the small too small.

Couple of questions about each if you don't mind:

Which one will stand up by itself on counter top?

Which one will hold full size shampoo/creme rinse/sunscreen?

Do they both separate things easily or is it just an open jumbled mess?

Advice is appreciated - also not sure if need medium or large with LL Bean? Will medium hold shampoo large bottle?

Thanks

Couple of questions about each if you don't mind:

Which one will stand up by itself on counter top?

Which one will hold full size shampoo/creme rinse/sunscreen?

Do they both separate things easily or is it just an open jumbled mess?

Advice is appreciated - also not sure if need medium or large with LL Bean? Will medium hold shampoo large bottle?

Thanks

I have the medium LL Bean bag.

It will hold about 3 bottles/cans that are the size of a shaving gel can in addition to several smaller items. There are 3 elastic/mesh pouches that will each easily hold something the size of a stick of deodorant or a couple of travel size bottles along with several other small zip pockets. Things stay very well organized and it holds quite a bit.

I do not think it would stand up by itself on a counter -- it's designed to hang, and will hang well from a hook on the bathroom door, a doorknob, a towel rack, shower rod, etc. If you need to lay it down on the counter, you can do that without things spilling out unless you have it absolutely stuffed.

Wasn't expecting to really find one - but went to the local mall and searched high and low. There was one in Eddie Bauer that looked similar to the LL Bean. Didn't buy that one looked kinda slouchy.

Ended up finding one in Target (which has just opened near us). It looks like a mini suitcase with purse handles. But it opens up to a whole lot of storage! My daughter loved it and suggested it would fit everything I usually take. It is a soft vinyl casing with waterproof pouches that are zippered. It would probably stand up if one side was against a wall - but would most certainly open like a book on the counter.

I have 90 days to return it - so tommorrow or next day I will take the stuffing out of it and fill it with what I normally take to see how it works. It wasn't a bad price $24.99 on sale.

Wish me luck!

Wasn't expecting to really find one - but went to the local mall and searched high and low. There was one in Eddie Bauer that looked similar to the LL Bean. Didn't buy that one looked kinda slouchy.

Ended up finding one in Target (which has just opened near us). It looks like a mini suitcase with purse handles. But it opens up to a whole lot of storage! My daughter loved it and suggested it would fit everything I usually take. It is a soft vinyl casing with waterproof pouches that are zippered. It would probably stand up if one side was against a wall - but would most certainly open like a book on the counter.

I have 90 days to return it - so tommorrow or next day I will take the stuffing out of it and fill it with what I normally take to see how it works. It wasn't a bad price $24.99 on sale.

Wish me luck!

Upload a picture if you can

I ended up not getting the LL Bean bag, too. I found a Dakine bag on Amazon that looked really nice, so I ordered it instead. It looks like it's going o be perfect for my needs! I'm going on a 9-day (non-cruise) trip at the end of June, so ill be giving it a test run then.

http://www.amazon.com/Dakine-Womens-Toiletry-4-Liter-Capri/dp/B008OXQYAK/

I ordered the Kala print. The teal matches my aquamarina eBags packing cubes perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is the one on target I bought:

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=sonia+kashuk+weekender&category=0%7CAll%7Cmatchallpartial%7Call+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_sonia+kashuk+weekender

Not the best print - but very refreshing.

I also just ordered the LL Bean Medium that was on sale for $18.99 in the Dusty Olive (again not best color - but who cares).

Will compare both and return one or pawn one off on one of the DD's!

Tell me what you think of the target one $24.99 above - txs

I use both ebags packing cubes and an Eagle Creek folder. Couldn't get along without them any more.

I find the 1 set of the 3 sizes for ebags plus my folder is enough for a 24"case. I put my slacks on the bottom of the suitcase. They don't need to be in the cases.

Hard to without them anymore once you start using them.

Very important is the bags weight. The e bags weight a few ozs. A bag with a handle looks heavier and bulky. We fly to the cruise port so weight is critical

I decided to also purchase an LL Bean Medium toiletry bag. It was on sale for $18.99 total.

It is in an dusty olive plaid - so basically it would be acceptable for either sex which is a bonus.

Loved the color - loved the bag. The fact that it is larger than I thought was a nice surprise and the fact that it will pack pretty flat. I like the hanging option, lots of compartments and even has a removable shower caddy made of mesh that can also hang and will hold two bottles.

I am loaning it to DD for her Italy trip of 16 days. It will be a good test run for me:D

It will not stand on its own - but will probably stand if leaned against the wall.

Very happy with the product!

I have the medium LLBean toiletry bag and just love it. I don't bring full size bottles in it but it really does hold a lot. We just returned from an 11 day hotel/cruise trip and everything fit great. I didn't miss anything :)

I filled both the LL Bean and the Sonia Kashuk bags with the same items. The LL Bean held more and weighed less - so returning the Sonia Kashuk to Target. It was $24.99 on sale and the LL Bean was $18.99 on sale.

Lucky me!

But I am so tempted to buy a second one - but hubby doesn't want one - boo hoo.

• 1 month later...

While searching Amazon and getting lost in the maze of all the packing cubes - now that I need them too after reading all of its - I found egobags. 16 reviews, all 5 stars. Anyone use these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CHF9KI4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KBODPV3BBPDV

I am getting ready to order these, and a set of the ebag slims.

Archived