Blue Lagoon Sea Lion Encounter....has anyone done it?

agennis

I posted a thread for suggestions and someone suggested Blue Lagoon. I went on their website and saw they offer a sea lion encounter. Has anyone seen or done this? DH loves sea lions and I was thinking he might enjoy this. Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thanks CCers!

My wife and I did this in November. I really liked it and she LOVED it. She would definitely do it again. Neither of us has done any other encounters so I can't compare the sea lions with the dolphin encounters or the like. It's definitely something different that you can't do in every port cruise ships take you to.

The website does a good job in it's description and does not oversell it.

I did both the sea lion encounter and dolphin swim at blue lagoon a couple weeks ago (we were staying in Nassau for a week). The sea lion encounter was enjoyable, but it paled in comparison to the dolphin swim. The sea lion encounter was very scripted - hug sea lion for picture, pat sea lion, hug sea lion, kiss sea lion, shake sea lion's front flipper. While the dolphin swim had the same scripted parts, the dolphins seemed more interested in interacting with the visitors so there was also the occasional unscripted approach, and it just seemed like overall there was more interaction. Additionally, the foot push was amazing! Not sure how the dolpin encounter would compare. I'm glad I did the sea lion encounter, but I probably wouldn't go again. In contrast, I'd be happy to do the dolphin swim over and over again. That being said, if your DH really loves sea lions, then maybe he would prefer interacting with them. They do seem to have pretty entertaining personailities, they just seemed less interested in us humans. I would definitely recommend blue lagoon though - it was a nice boatride over, the animals seemed really happy/well cared for, and I thought the staff did a great job. Also, regardless of which excursion you do, you can spend as much time as you want watching the dolphins and sea lions after or before your excursion.

Archived