bachelorette cruise- theme outfits help

Hi everyone! My bridesmaids have planned a bachelorette cruise for my bachelorette party :D. Last summer I got engaged on our Mediterranean trip (review in my signature if you want to read it), and our honeymoon is booked on a cruise so they thought it seemed appropriate for my bachelorette party to be on a cruise :D

We are so excited and I am so thankful or them!

They want to do theme nights, and I need some ideas! All we have so far is a nautical night and typical bachelorette party night: me in white, them all in black, sashes, tiaras, you know ;) I said NO male body parts ;):eek:

Any other ideas?

How dressed up and how much stuff do they want to schlep?

How long is the cruise?

Just was on a 3day cruise where a group dressed up as characters from Alice in Wonderland. Every night was a different riff on it, and built up. First day was simple bright pink T-Shirts with funny sayings on them, forget what the second night was, the third and final night they were in full costume.

Many were Halloween costumes.

Was on the same cruise with as they last year and they all dressed in wedding attire. Last night they all wore the most hideous bridemaids dresses. Their leader was the bride.

Was on a different cruise where a couple wore bunny ears the whole cruise. Nothing like a 6ft, chunky guy, wearing bunny ears singing "Hit Me Baby One More Time." He was very good.

All of the bachelorette themes I have experienced aren't really suitable for a G rated ship ;) .

Mardis Gras or Carnival would be good, as would masquerade. Or how about Mermaid? I don't know how you would do it, but it would be cute for around the pool.

This sounds like so much fun! How about 80's prom with big hair and puffed sleeves?

That is what my sorority had to go along with the tacky bridesmaid dresses. We called it "Tacky Prom". I crimped my hair and had a blast.

I know this is off topic but I was hoping CruisingGatorGirl could chime in with the brand of tennis shoes she is wearing in some of her engagement trip/family cruise pictures.

The shoes look gray and cream in color and might have a touch of pink in them too. Any info about brand, name of shoe, etc would be great. Did you wear low socks with them and were the shoes comfy? Those little shoes are SO cute!

Also, do you think those would look ok with capri's? I am having a hard time finding fashionable and comfortable shoes to wear in Italy and Croatia on my cruise in a few weeks. Any other ideas?

Thank you and have a great bachelorette cruise!!!

I know this is off topic but I was hoping CruisingGatorGirl could chime in with the brand of tennis shoes she is wearing in some of her engagement trip/family cruise pictures.

The shoes look gray and cream in color and might have a touch of pink in them too. Any info about brand, name of shoe, etc would be great. Did you wear low socks with them and were the shoes comfy? Those little shoes are SO cute!

Also, do you think those would look ok with capri's? I am having a hard time finding fashionable and comfortable shoes to wear in Italy and Croatia on my cruise in a few weeks. Any other ideas?

Thank you and have a great bachelorette cruise!!!

I am so glad you asked! I am picky about "sneakers!" They are puma and SOO comfy- I wish I bought 2 pairs. I wore nice ankle socks with them- not too thin to add extra cushion. I am obsessed with anything foreign- such as pumas. I got LOTS of comments on my Pumas by Europeans and South Americans on our cruise they kept calling me the puma girl lol.

Another shoe I just discovered and ordered is Superga- they are a classic Italian sneaker. A lot of Europeans wear these when they want to be more casual.

I did not wear my pumas with capri's, I wore my Sperry boat shoes they day I wore capris. However, I do think the Superga's would look cute with capris!

I have seen other people wear cute little Puma's that are more ballet-flat-ish but still a sneaker, I was hoping to find those to wear with capri's but I did not find them before the trip.

I ordered these but in gray (I love gray and pink):

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/superga-cotu-sneaker-women/3403833?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Iceberg+Green&resultback=710

I hope this was helpful!

I found these on zappos:

http://www.zappos.com/puma-asha-ballet-wns-puma-silver-fluo-purple

http://www.zappos.com/puma-zandy-mesh-wns-limestone-gray-blue-curacao

and these are kinda close to what I had:

http://www.zappos.com/puma-drift-cat-4-wns-material-story-puma-silver-atlantis-fluo-purple

http://www.zappos.com/puma-speeder-m-wns-team-charcoal-black-spring-crocus

Archived