Suggestions for 1st timers to St. Kitts

kuddles14

My husband and I are going to St. Kitts on a Independence of the Seas April, 2014. Any suggestions for what we should see? Any experience with private tour operators? Any experience with any particular excursions? Thank you in advance for all suggestions.

We were in St. Kitts for the first time in January. We did a bunch of research and decided on doing "The Tour" with Thenford Grey. We can't say enough good things about this tour or our experience with Thenford's brother who was our tour guide. I would suggest anyone going to St. Kitts for the first time take this tour as it gives you a great overview of the island, and lots of ideas for places to go back and visit in more detail on future visits.

I second Thenford! We had an amazing time, one of my favorite tours, He is very knowledgeable. Our 2nd visit we went to Palm Court Gardens since we had already seen the island (a great place to spend the day relaxing overlooking your ship)

My husband and I are going to St. Kitts on a Independence of the Seas April, 2014. Any suggestions for what we should see? Any experience with private tour operators? Any experience with any particular excursions? Thank you in advance for all suggestions.

You don't say what your interests are, but if you like to snorkel, I highly recommend Blue Water Safaris. Their catamaran snorkel trip included lunch and drinks. The catamaran is docked right at Port Zante, so no time wasted transferring in a shuttle. The crew was super fun, it wasn't overcrowded like the cruise line excursions get, and the snorkeling at ****ten Bay was fab! :D

You don't say what your interests are, but if you like to snorkel, I highly recommend Blue Water Safaris. Their catamaran snorkel trip included lunch and drinks. The catamaran is docked right at Port Zante, so no time wasted transferring in a shuttle. The crew was super fun, it wasn't overcrowded like the cruise line excursions get, and the snorkeling at ****ten Bay was fab! :D

Thank you for the info on snorkeling. We actually like to snorkel and tour the islands. Just haven't decided which way we want to go this trip. Actually trying to decide between the two. We would like to do a little shopping at the end of the day if time permits.

We were first timers to St. Kitts last month. We'd done all day excursions the previous 2 days in St. Lucia and Barbados. We wanted to see some of the island but were not up for spending the day in a van.

We decided to go see Brimstone Hill fortress. We also decided to skip all the hoopla inside the Port Zante area and ventured out into Bassetere. In the Circus, which is the center of town, we found a cab driver who agreed to take the 4 of us to Brimstone Hill and back for $50.

The driver was named Mate, a nickname he picked up after living in England for several years. He was a very nice guy in his early 70's who told us about growing up on St. Kitts. He showed us his hometown and other points of interest along the way.

The fort was really cool. The views were incredible. You could see Nevis, St. Eustasius and Saba from there. There's a nice little museum that tells about life for the soldiers stationed there as well as some history of the island. Admission is $8.00 per person.

It took us a couple of hours all told and was very enjoyable. If you want a good cabbie, just ask anyone where to find Mate. Seems like everyone knows him!

Archived