Driving to Barcelona from England... Is there parking at the port?

So on Tuesday (9th April) we will try and book onto one of the Oasis sailings from Barcelona, however my Mum doesn't fly so we will be driving down. Does anyone know if you can park close to the cruise terminal?

I have been to the port of Barcelona many times and can't recall seeing a car park right next to the terminal....?

Thanks in advance.....!

So on Tuesday (9th April) we will try and book onto one of the Oasis sailings from Barcelona, however my Mum doesn't fly so we will be driving down. Does anyone know if you can park close to the cruise terminal?

I have been to the port of Barcelona many times and can't recall seeing a car park right next to the terminal....?

Thanks in advance.....!

There are no car parks at the cruise terminals.

Have a look here under the heading ‘Multi-day rate – Biomedical Research Park and Litoral Port’

It states there "If you are joining a cruise ship from the city of Barcelona, or travelling by car, you can park your vehicle in complete security at the best rates. By registering yourself as a cruise ship passenger or saying you have seen this offer on our web site. you can enjoy our most advantageous rates at the Parc de Recerca Biomèdica and Litoral Port car parks.

Before removing your vehicle, you will need to go the automatic payment machine and pay just €39,80 for stay from 1 to 5 days and €7,50 for additional day for longer stays"

The cost of a taxi to get to the ship would be about €15 each way.

This would make the total cost for a week about €85

The 2 car parks offering this are

Biomedical Research Park C/. del Dr. Aiguader, 88.

It is on the main road Ronda Litoral about 10-15 minutes by taxi from the port.

If you are driving with a SatNav the co-ordinates are 41.3856°N 2.1938°E

Litoral Port Av. del Litoral, 34.

It is a little further up the Ronda Litoral passed the twin towers of Hotel Arts and Torre Mapfre.

If you are driving with a SatNav the co-ordinates are 41.3885°N 2.1983°E

There is also parking at the World Trade Centre with a special cruisers’ rate of €87.50 for a week (minumum stay 7 days).

The World Trade Centre is just a couple of minutes walk from the Port Bus (€2 per person each way).

This would make the total cost for a week for 2 people about €95.

The World Trade Centre is more expensive but it is nearer the ship.

You could always drop mother and luggage at the ship then go and park at one of the Ronda Litoral car parks and get the bus (D20 - takes about 20 mintes) to Columbus Monument and then take the Port Bus to the ship. This would mean leaving Mother at the terminal for about an hour in total.

Another alternative would be to park somewhere further out but convenient for transport into the centre. Let me know if you want to consider this option and I will give some thought to possibilities.

There are no car parks at the cruise terminals.

Have a look here under the heading ‘Multi-day rate – Biomedical Research Park and Litoral Port’

It states there "If you are joining a cruise ship from the city of Barcelona, or travelling by car, you can park your vehicle in complete security at the best rates. By registering yourself as a cruise ship passenger or saying you have seen this offer on our web site. you can enjoy our most advantageous rates at the Parc de Recerca Biomèdica and Litoral Port car parks.

Before removing your vehicle, you will need to go the automatic payment machine and pay just €39,80 for stay from 1 to 5 days and €7,50 for additional day for longer stays"

The cost of a taxi to get to the ship would be about €15 each way.

This would make the total cost for a week about €85

The 2 car parks offering this are

Biomedical Research Park C/. del Dr. Aiguader, 88.

It is on the main road Ronda Litoral about 10-15 minutes by taxi from the port.

If you are driving with a SatNav the co-ordinates are 41.3856°N 2.1938°E

Litoral Port Av. del Litoral, 34.

It is a little further up the Ronda Litoral passed the twin towers of Hotel Arts and Torre Mapfre.

If you are driving with a SatNav the co-ordinates are 41.3885°N 2.1983°E

There is also parking at the World Trade Centre with a special cruisers’ rate of €87.50 for a week (minumum stay 7 days).

The World Trade Centre is just a couple of minutes walk from the Port Bus (€2 per person each way).

This would make the total cost for a week for 2 people about €95.

The World Trade Centre is more expensive but it is nearer the ship.

You could always drop mother and luggage at the ship then go and park at one of the Ronda Litoral car parks and get the bus (D20 - takes about 20 mintes) to Columbus Monument and then take the Port Bus to the ship. This would mean leaving Mother at the terminal for about an hour in total.

Another alternative would be to park somewhere further out but convenient for transport into the centre. Let me know if you want to consider this option and I will give some thought to possibilities.

WOW thank you so much for your help! I couldn't have asked for more information.

Another option that was discussed was to leave our car at a hotel in or close to Barcelona for 5 nights. Do you know of any hotels with car parks?

Thanks again!! :)

I have found another useful website for you here

It looks like there maybe some cheaper options here. From what you said I have put in dates 9-16 April and have got quotes.

It looks like 'Parking Viajeros Cruceros Barcelona' is €67.36 for the week and it appears they provide a free shuttle service to the cruise ship.

I know nothing about this company but it might be worth investigating.

Please let me know how it goes as it is something which may be of interest to us in the future.

Re: the hotel option. I looked at one hotel I know of but they quoted €15 a day for parking :rolleyes:

Are you planning to stay overnight before the cruise? The only thing I can think of is to email lots of hotels and see if any of them will do a deal - especially as this is quite soon.

One other thing that occurs to me - have you thought of coming to Barcelona by train? By the time you have paid petrol, tolls, overnight stays and parking it may not be that much more expensive - just a thought.

I have found another useful website for you here

It looks like there maybe some cheaper options here. From what you said I have put in dates 9-16 April and have got quotes.

It looks like 'Parking Viajeros Cruceros Barcelona' is €67.36 for the week and it appears they provide a free shuttle service to the cruise ship.

I know nothing about this company but it might be worth investigating.

Please let me know how it goes as it is something which may be of interest to us in the future.

Re: the hotel option. I looked at one hotel I know of but they quoted €15 a day for parking :rolleyes:

Are you planning to stay overnight before the cruise? The only thing I can think of is to email lots of hotels and see if any of them will do a deal - especially as this is quite soon.

One other thing that occurs to me - have you thought of coming to Barcelona by train? By the time you have paid petrol, tolls, overnight stays and parking it may not be that much more expensive - just a thought.

Yeh I have seen the Port Parking website but I think it looks a little suspect, might just be me!

Getting the train is definitely an efficient option but I dont think it will be quite as easy with all our luggage.

Archived