Question about bringing guest to Latitude party

thescot123

Just curious if the Captain's Cocktail Party for suite guests is also a sales pitch? White Hot Party? Cruise Critic Roll Call Meet & Greet? Port Shopping Seminar.....well, OK. But I've never been pitched anything at any other function that I recall.

NCL is a business after all. If you have a great time on your cruise, you are very apt to book another!

To be honest, I don't even remember the Latitudes party from my last 2 cruises. They got lost in the suite parties and impromptu getogethers with other groups on board.Someone else has said several times that they were sales pitches, and I went with that.

I just don't hold these various perks to be so dear that I'm going to object to the occasional exception. It isn't detracting from my experience. How many people on the ship are travelling with primary companions who have never cruised NCL before? I would bet a very small number, so I don't see an exception for the Latitudes party to be a big deal. How many people are travelling with guests not in suites? Also, a very small number. I think perhaps allowing a single breakfast or lunch at Cagney's for the group is reasonable. I also think it's very reasonable for one of the suite guests who isn't a big breakfast person (like me) to swap out for another passenger in the overall group. That would be a zero sum game. 2 people are entitled to eat in Cagney's, and 2 are doing so. Maybe not the actual 2 with the suite, but why should I have to eat breakfast with my partner because he doesn't want to eat alone when we have friends who would love to eat with him?

In all of life, it never, ever hurts to "ask". You don't ask, you spend your life sitting in the corner.

All you (I don't mean the OP, I mean anyone, I guess I mean "one") All "one" must work towards is gracious acceptance when the answer to your "ask" is no.

On Epic, the latitudes party is quite large. The group waiting to get in the lounge was huge and there was a stampede to get inside the lounge. So no one took the invitation. Anyone could have just walked in really.

I dont think the latitudes party is anything special and wont attend another one in the future. They serve that cheap sparkling wine, horrible watered down punch, and a few little other things. We got to see a commercial for the Breakaway and the crew was introduced. Although they made it clear, this was not a meet or mingle with the crew. No questions or handshakes were allowed.

Nice jesture but nothing special at all (IMO).

On Epic, the latitudes party is quite large. The group waiting to get in the lounge was huge and there was a stampede to get inside the lounge. So no one took the invitation. Anyone could have just walked in really.

I dont think the latitudes party is anything special and wont attend another one in the future. They serve that cheap sparkling wine, horrible watered down punch, and a few little other things. We got to see a commercial for the Breakaway and the crew was introduced. Although they made it clear, this was not a meet or mingle with the crew. No questions or handshakes were allowed.

Nice jesture but nothing special at all (IMO).

Exactly. I don't understand why people would be protective of that cheap "party" unless they don't get out much/have convinced themselves it's a big deal for some reason. Cagney's is a different story.

I hope anyone who keeps trying to liken it to a real party/wedding reception remembers to bring a gift for NCL when they attend.

I'm bronze latitude. On my recent Epic cruise I didn't get invited to the Latitudes party. I was on my way home before I even realized it.

They didn't forget to invite you, the Epic only has the Silver & Up party. Nothing for those that are Bronze.

Exactly. I don't understand why people would be protective of that cheap "party" unless they don't get out much/have convinced themselves it's a big deal for some reason. Cagney's is a different story.

I hope anyone who keeps trying to liken it to a real party/wedding reception remembers to bring a gift for NCL when they attend.

It guess my "gift" to NCL is my 2nd, 3rd and 4th cruise ticket. It is not a huge deal for me, but there is some expense to hosting it and it is a nice jesture from NCL. They don't have to do it. Apparently many people think it is a must attend event, else why bothering with effort taken to secure an OK to be there with no invite when you could just as easily do a dozen other things.

The Epic is in an entirely different category due to a higher number of passengers and repeat passengers, so therefore no bronze invites. On the smaller ships, the officers do circulate and talk to passengers. This is not a big deal for me, but I do enjoy the other passengers.

If you think so poorly of it, then do not attend, as I will not attend the bingo gatherings or the pub crawl, but I will not disparage them as there are many who do enjoy them.

Archived