GoPro/Action Camera

thatsonofa

July will be my first cruise since action cameras have become so popular. I will be taking an action camera with me to get some video of our snorkeling excursion in Grand Turk and our zip line/Dunn's River Falls excursion in Ocho Rios.

What are your experiences using an action camera on excursions? Do you have any tips/tricks?

Thanks for any advice.

July will be my first cruise since action cameras have become so popular. I will be taking an action camera with me to get some video of our snorkeling excursion in Grand Turk and our zip line/Dunn's River Falls excursion in Ocho Rios.

What are your experiences using an action camera on excursions? Do you have any tips/tricks?

Thanks for any advice.

There is a board dedicated to Photography and Cameras.

I suggest you post there. Lots of experienced photographers there and they are extremely helpful.

As an avid photographer (who really cares what that means) I bought a Go Pro, top of the line camera with a bunch of accessories. Here's what I got:

A pricey camera that takes great video and marginal quality stills, has no zoom and a relatively short battery life. You even have to pay extra for the video display.

Here's my first replacement: a Panasonic waterproof gem with Leica optics. It failed it's first waterproof test in 4 feet of water in Grand Cayman.

Here's my solution: Olympus Tough series, the best one they make and to date I've captured 2000 images, tons of underwater video and have zero problems.

I'm so convinced I got my wife and daughter one as well.

The Nikon is rated as high or higher, but I went the Olympus route based on friends experiences.

Whatever you do get the floating strap. My daughter deposited hers on the bottom of the Comal River in Texas.

Wow. I own the GPH2. The Outer lens they say will need to be swapped for flat one, for improved stills and video.

Battery life is 2.5 hours, Battery life can be doubled, battery life and a view finder is shorter.

HD1080P and wide angle gives you the 170 degree fisheye

Hd1080P and med and Narrow takes it away.

to zoom in with the gopro is a trick, you can shoot Wide, then med, then narrow you cropped and zoomed, I never said how much, I said you can trick it.

remember the gopro is a awesome cam handed to the right person?

Its a HD1080P camera, and a sports cam using Hd720P 60.

Other than that, everyone will comment or complain just enjoy what you :)got.

Archived