Galveston?

AmbeeBee

Hi! We're thinking of booking a cruise out of Galveston in the fall on the Wonder, and I am not familiar with the port. Does the check in and boarding go as smoothly as it does at Disney's terminal. Also, are there any hotels near the port that offer parking and shuttle to the port. I know Canaveral has these services. Thank you! :D

There are several hotels, I don't know which ones specifically, but I'm sure google would help :) I'm in Houston, so I don't have to worry about that :)

I've not sailed out of galveston on Disney before, but I will be in a month, I'll let you know!

Sailed on the Disney Magic on March 15th from Galveston. Arrived during our scheduled time and check-in was a breeze. This was our first Disney cruise so I can 't compare it to any other Disney port. This was our 10th cruise from Galveston and generally this is an easy port to board with RCCL generally doing a better job of it than Carnival. Disney, however, handled the disembarkation far better than anyone else at this or any other port. They just know how to move people quickly.

Hi! We're thinking of booking a cruise out of Galveston in the fall on the Wonder, and I am not familiar with the port. Does the check in and boarding go as smoothly as it does at Disney's terminal. Also, are there any hotels near the port that offer parking and shuttle to the port. I know Canaveral has these services. Thank you! :D

We stayed at the Harbor House and within a half hour of leaving our hotel room, we walked to the terminal, had our Keys to the World and were ready to board. Harbor House has parking for $10/day.

Sailed on the Disney Magic on March 15th from Galveston. Arrived during our scheduled time and check-in was a breeze. This was our first Disney cruise so I can 't compare it to any other Disney port. This was our 10th cruise from Galveston and generally this is an easy port to board with RCCL generally doing a better job of it than Carnival. Disney, however, handled the disembarkation far better than anyone else at this or any other port. They just know how to move people quickly.

Oh yeah, and this was our best disembarkation ever. Within a half hour of swiping our card to exit the ship, we were in our car at the Harbor House, and we walked there too.

When we cruised out of Galveston, we used Lighthouse Parking: http://www.lighthouseparking.org/ (not affiliated).

If your hotel does not offer free parking and shuttle, I highly recommend them. Their prices were excellent, all spaces are covered, the lot is fenced, they are very close to the port, and they will shuttle you for free (they do accept, but don't pressure for, tips). They even loaded our luggage directly from the car into the shuttle and from the shuttle into the car.

We were impressed.

You save if you reserve online vs drive up rates.

Archived