POM/luggage and rental car question

mikayla73

We are sailing into the POM on a Sunday and have a 6:45p flight home from FLL that evening. We plan on getting off the ship and possibly checking out part of a Marlin's baseball game before heading up to FLL for our flight home.

My question is will they hold our luggage at the POM until we are ready to head to FLL?

Or another option I though of was to just get a one way rental car for the day (I'm thinking it would be cheaper than paying for transportation around Miami then to FLL) and just stow the luggage in the trunk while we're at the game. Are there rental car company's near the POM with free shuttles to the office?

Hold your luggage? No .. no facility at the port that I know of

rental car IS your best option IMO but be sure your rate allows you to drop in FLL. Some companies have a drop fee, others do not... all the major rental companies run shuttles from the port to their offices.

But, have you crunched time numbers on this?

flight is 1845

arrive at airport 2 hours before flight - 1645

assuming you can drop car at FLL, travel time from stadium seats to rental drop off at FLL 90 minutes is what I'd plan . . . 1515 leave the game

What time is first pitch? 1310 for a day home Sunday according to the schedule, gives you 2 hours of game . . .

Your choice but I'm thinking you are not gonna see much of the game and my travel time might be short depending on how the area around the new stadium is marked for return to highway .. reports have said parking is a mess .. on the other hand it appears they are not exactly expecting to be packing the stadium this year.

what ever you decide - enjoy!

Thanks!!

DH wants to visit all of the BB parks, he sees it as his chance to do that. So watching the whole game or not won't be a big deal for us. Neither team is a big favorite for him. He just likes BB. Personally, I'd rather find a beach and relax for a while, then head over to the airport to go home, but it'll make him happy. :)

Although it's still not set in stone that we're going to do that, it's good to know that's probably our only choice since there's no where to hold the luggage and while I'll go to the game for him, I'm not carrying luggage around to do it. LOL

visit all the parks is a noble challenge .. but the newest parks would be the ones I didn't go out of my way for (which you're not)

I HOPE he's been to Wrigley in Chicago tho . . . one of the survivors. I cried when they put in lights!

while I'll go to the game for him, I'm not carrying luggage around to do it

you're still a keeper!

Archived