Vision- Deck 8

We have booked the Vision of the Sea and selected a stateroom on deck 8.

Has anyone ever stayed on deck 8 of the Vision. I noticed that it's public areas on deck 9 and was wonder if you hear the noise and foot steps in you room?

What is your room number? Is it an interior cabin or balcony/mini-suite/suite and starboard or aft (I can let you know what's actually above you that way)? We were in 8548 (starboard aft mini-suite) and had no problems at all.

Hi! We just cruised Vision of the Seas from Vancouver to Seward from 27 May - 3 June! My Mom was in room 8585 which was an inside room in the very back of the ship. Her and her roommate never mentioned hearing any noise. We had a wonderful time and take a lot of film!!! The scenery was breathtaking!!!! BEST ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE YET! Happy Cruising!

We have sailed the Vision 4 times, always a JS suite on Deck 8. Both aft, front, starboard and port. Never have we heard noise from above. It is really quite in the aft. The spa is above you.

Mike

I'm glad to be reading this. We have three sailings booked in cat. JS cabins on vision class ships. The one thing I don't like about the vision class design is that all balcony cabins have public areas either above or below them. The only balcony we've been in was a D1 aft above the lounge. We heard LOT'S of noise when the band was playing. I really didn't want to hear foot steps or joggers out for thier early morning jogs while I was in my cabin.

I can't remember our exact stateroom number, but it was around 8066 on Deck 8 on the Vision, and we could hear the solarium chairs scraping against the tile floors above us. I don't know why people felt the need to move the furniture in the night, but it was somewhat annoying. We heard no footsteps, music, or other noise, and in all other respects, the room was great. It was nice to be so close to the pool and the Windjammer. Based on our experience and Arizona Cruiser's, you might want to avoid the area directly underneath the solarium. But if those were the only JS's available, I'd take it!

We were on the Vision for the Mexican Riviera cruise, JS 8554. Nice location. We were below the Solarium. We did hear either the dragging of chairs or the sound of the wheels of laundry carts across the tile floor of the Solarium. It never occurred at ungodly hours and was never really a distraction. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in that suite again.

We were on the Vision in March, got upgraded to the Royal Suite (cabin 8500) a few days before sailing. This cabin is directly under the Windjammer but noise was not a problem for us.

If it was, I would have had a hard time complaining after an upgrade like this!!!!!

Vision and crew were excellent, one of the best RCI cruises we've been on.

• 2 months later...

Archived