Lei Greeting at Honolulu Airport

Archie4

Hi Folks, Was thinking of getting my wife a Lei Greeting on arriving in Honolulu on her Birthday. Do Roberts or a similar company do such a thing on pick up and taking to your hotel?

I've found 2 so far... veltra.com/en/hawaii/oahu/a/8169/ and hawaiianleigreetings.com/honolulu-oahu.htm I haven't looked at roberts for that type of thing yet.

Those 2 do the greetings at the airport as you step off the plane. Haven't looked for who does hotels or other areas. No harm in calling or emailing.

I used the hawaiian lei greetings, and splurged on the double leis. They were absolutely beautiful and the girl presenting them was very friendly and welcoming, she even stayed and took photos of us with our leis.

http://www.hawaiianleigreetings.com/honolulu-oahu.htm

While you can purchase them yourself at the airport, it's not the same feeling/greeting at all. JMHO

I used the hawaiian lei greetings, and splurged on the double leis. They were absolutely beautiful and the girl presenting them was very friendly and welcoming, she even stayed and took photos of us with our leis.

While you can purchase them yourself at the airport, it's not the same feeling/greeting at all. JMHO

U must be a woman!

Guess it doesn't mean anything if the hubby sneaks away and purchases one then slips it over your head.

U must be a woman!

Guess it doesn't mean anything if the hubby sneaks away and purchases one then slips it over your head.

Yep I'm a woman, and my hubby wouldn't spend the money on flowers.

But I still don't think it would have the same impact (even if hubby could sneak away, which I doubt), as someone from Hawaii placing the lei around your neck and saying Aloha, Welcome to Hawaii.

I think Eleanor is right! I think my wife would have a canary if I disappeared to buy leis at Honolulu airport lol. As its her birthday it would be nice for a local to present it to her and welcome her to the Islands. Your link looks the part Eleanor. I didnt realise they used fresh flowers I thought they would be a lasting momento of our trip. But hey fresh flowers - two birds one stone lol:cool: - I better pick her a nice one lol!!!

Yep I'm a woman, and my hubby wouldn't spend the money on flowers.

But I still don't think it would have the same impact (even if hubby could sneak away, which I doubt), as someone from Hawaii placing the lei around your neck and saying Aloha, Welcome to Hawaii.

LOL I think your husband and I could be related.

Hi Folks, Was thinking of getting my wife a Lei Greeting on arriving in Honolulu on her Birthday. Do Roberts or a similar company do such a thing on pick up and taking to your hotel?

Are you staying in Honolulu pre cruise? Another possibility would be to contact the hotel to see if they offer or could give you some suggestions. Although not a normal service, maybe the limo or taxi service would do it - for an extra fee of course. Limo could meet you at baggage claims with a sign with her name (don't believe taxi service could).

I think Eleanor is right! I think my wife would have a canary if I disappeared to buy leis at Honolulu airport lol. As its her birthday it would be nice for a local to present it to her and welcome her to the Islands. Your link looks the part Eleanor. I didnt realise they used fresh flowers I thought they would be a lasting momento of our trip. But hey fresh flowers - two birds one stone lol:cool: - I better pick her a nice one lol!!!

Archie,

The regular small orchids last quite sometime, and if you put them in a plastic bag and refrigerate, you can bring them home and dry them. They actually stay looking like an orchid. My carnation lei just looks like blobs and the beautiful plumeria just turned an ugly brown. The double orchid would be a nice one. Good Luck & I know you will have a fantastic trip!

We used them and our greeter was a guy and he was wonderful. Had our names on a sign when we walked off the plane. He took pictures of us and showed us a shortcut to the luggage area.

I think that it means something to think of arranging a lei greeting before the trip. Just like ordering flowers for delivery on Valentine's Day vs. picking up whatever's available at the grocery store on the way home from work. But I agree that most women would be happy either way!

Archived