Vegetarian/vegan food on Mariner

Has anyone had any experience of veg/vegan food on board Mariner?

I know Prime 7 is not suitable for us but wondered if CR, Sette Mari or Signatures is best?

We are both strict about what we eat I.e don't have cheese containing non vegetarian rennet or things like desserts that contain gelatine. Also I only use soya milk and don't eat anything containing cow's milk (due to medical problems).

Any advice would be gratefully received :)

Hi, Tinkerbell.

My wife is a vegetarian and she often says she can find always food suitable for her tastes on Regent. But she isn't as strict as you. There is always pasta and rice with veg accompaniments at CR and SM. Not so at Signatures and they don't permit deviations from the set menu.

As soon as you board you should seek out the Chef and the Pastry Chef and explain your needs. They will point you in the right direction and suggest things to have and things to avoid.

Good luck. I am sure you will be satisfied.

Hi, Tinkerbell.

My wife is a vegetarian and she often says she can find always food suitable for her tastes on Regent. But she isn't as strict as you. There is always pasta and rice with veg accompaniments at CR and SM. Not so at Signatures and they don't permit deviations from the set menu.

As soon as you board you should seek out the Chef and the Pastry Chef and explain your needs. They will point you in the right direction and suggest things to have and things to avoid.

Good luck. I am sure you will be satisfied.

That's great thanks. We have already notified Regent of our requirements but have not travelled with them before so weren't sure how well they would be met. A good idea to go straight to the chefs and be doubly sure! I will post on our return how we fared.

Every menu offered at lunch and dinner in Compass Rose has a separate vegetarian menu. The menus offered are not rinky-dink and are thoughtful and considered. I think you both will be pleased.

I had the vegan menu several times this past Mariner cruise in March and was perfectly content with the variety, the quality and the taste provided in Compass Rose.

Prime 7 is not going to work for you and Signatures has a set menu with one vegan offering. Sette Mari will have items from the buffett but I can't recall of the prime offerings delivered by the waiter (aside from a vegan pasta or risotto) if there is an entree suitable for you.

Every menu offered at lunch and dinner in Compass Rose has a separate vegetarian menu. The menus offered are not rinky-dink and are thoughtful and considered. I think you both will be pleased.

I had the vegan menu several times this past Mariner cruise in March and was perfectly content with the variety, the quality and the taste provided in Compass Rose.

Prime 7 is not going to work for you and Signatures has a set menu with one vegan offering. Sette Mari will have items from the buffett but I can't recall of the prime offerings delivered by the waiter (aside from a vegan pasta or risotto) if there is an entree suitable for you.

Thank you so much. It's very reassuring to know that we will be looked after. On some of our other cruises we've had a number of difficulties and have often had to order our meals the night before which can be a nuisance or have had a 'choice' of just one dish. Looks like we are in for a treat :)

I should add the menu in Compass Rose for both lunch and dinner has a separate section of vegan dishes. These are legitimate vegan offerings - not simply spaghetti with some tomatoes tossed in.

For both lunch and dinner, the vegan menu has a unique appetizer, soup, entree and desert. There is also distinct Canyon Ranch menu which separate offerings. You should know both menus are identified on the "main menu" which eliminates asking for a vegan menu each time you are seated or quizzing the waiter as to how the chef could tailor the food to your needs.

I think you will be very pleased at what is available for vegans in Compass Rose.

I should add the menu in Compass Rose for both lunch and dinner has a separate section of vegan dishes. These are legitimate vegan offerings - not simply spaghetti with some tomatoes tossed in.

For both lunch and dinner, the vegan menu has a unique appetizer, soup, entree and desert. There is also distinct Canyon Ranch menu which separate offerings. You should know both menus are identified on the "main menu" which eliminates asking for a vegan menu each time you are seated or quizzing the waiter as to how the chef could tailor the food to your needs.

I think you will be very pleased at what is available for vegans in Compass Rose.

Wow! Can't wait :D

Thank you so much. It's very reassuring to know that we will be looked after. On some of our other cruises we've had a number of difficulties and have often had to order our meals the night before which can be a nuisance or have had a 'choice' of just one dish. Looks like we are in for a treat :)

You will still have to pre-order the night before or by 10am day of.

Write me at email below and I will tell you all you need to know. I do not have time to post here now.

j

29/402

Wristband - I checked our last two of sets of menus (admittedly over a year old) and found that certain items are described as "Ovo Lacto Vegetarian", but not as "Vegan". Of course, the two terms are quite different, with the latter being much more difficult in terms of possible dishes and ingredients.

Has Regent changed its menus to offer Vegan dishes, in addition to Vegetarian ones?

Cheers, Fred

Hi Freddie - Yes, you are quite right. My wording should have specifically stated "vegetarian" vs using a typing shortcut "vegan." I was not aware of vegan stated offerings on our most recent cruise. To be fair, I did not look at the Vegetarian Menu for each meal in order to accurately state no such selections are on offer.

That said, the Compass Rose menu's self-contained "Vegetarian Menu" has a nice array of appetizers, soup/salads, entrees and deserts. I had the V.M. several times and was very pleased.

I don't understand JMariner's point about pre-ordering. Perhaps he/she meant if one wants a true vegan entree, then one should discuss that request in advance with the kitchen prior to the meal.

Archived