Cruise ship Sapphire Princess to make Singapore its homeport in 2014

gibby_daebak

I feel like my best girl is moving 1/2 way around the world.

The issues in Mexico are making its tougher to operate from LA.

Will princess even be sailing the "Love Boat itinerary"?

I feel like my best girl is moving 1/2 way around the world.

The issues in Mexico are making its tougher to operate from LA.

Will princess even be sailing the "Love Boat itinerary"?

There were rumors posted on CC that Mazatlan might be added back. We will know more when the 2014-2015 Americas cruises go on sale next month.

Phenomenal!

My first trip to Singapore was on the Sapphire Princess!

We've just returned from a week long visit to Singapore with my daughter's high school concert band....they performed at the Esplanade!

Singapore is amazing and will be a great embarkation port for Princess' exotic destinations.

I highly recommend taking an extra day to see everything Singapore has to offer!

Seems like once again, we are losing a great ship on the West Coast! We finally get an updated ship and it's taken away! I hope Princess will find a nice replacement for us soon!! Fortunately, I have two more sailings on our beloved Sapphire before she moves to the other side of the world....:(

Cruise ship Sapphire Princess to make Singapore its homeport in 2014

Hello! I'm new here in the Princess forum and totally new to Princess Cruises. I'm excited about a new cruise line (relatively new to Singapore) to homeport a ship here from November 2014-February 2015!

I'm really curious to know what I could expect with Princess Cruises and Sapphire Princess! It'll be great if you all could share your experiences with me and probably a few other Singaporean cruisers here on CC! :D

We are sorry to hear that. My DW and I were married on her in 2004, and we were hoping to take our 10 year anniversary on her. A far east cruise doesn't appeal to us. I was station in the far east while in the Navy, and really don't want to go back.

She may only home port in Singapore for those four months, but she is not in Alaska in 2014 and she has no West Coast cruises scheduled after March 21st of 2014. It definitely appears she may be leaving the West Coast entirely, at least for a while. Appears that Princess believes that Asia may be the growth market.

It is a sad day for all the Sapphire fans. The Sapphire and the Diamond are the best. We have had wonderful cruises on other Princess ships, but they are the best. I know I over done it, but our first cruise was on the Sapphire where we were married. The following year we took the Diamond, and it was like we never left.

Phenomenal!

My first trip to Singapore was on the Sapphire Princess!

We've just returned from a week long visit to Singapore with my daughter's high school concert band....they performed at the Esplanade!

Singapore is amazing and will be a great embarkation port for Princess' exotic destinations.

I highly recommend taking an extra day to see everything Singapore has to offer!

Glad you liked my country and hope more people will come visit!

Performing at the Esplanade? Wow. Cool stuff.

Singapore was recently featured as one of the top destinations to visit in 2013. NYT put us at 11.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/01/10/travel/2013-places-to-go.html?_r=2&

The diamond princess should be over there already, it is identical to sapphire from what I know. I only been on golden. A bit disappointed with princess is attrium is smaller than compared with other like carnival.

The horizon buffet was another disappointment.

I agree. I like the Sapphire much more than the Crown. If the cruising market in Asia is so great, why not send the larger ship, the Crown, to Asia. Keep the Sapphire here for all of us who love that ship.

Base on tons, the sapphire is bigger than crown

Base on tons, the sapphire is bigger than crown

..due to a technicality. Gross tonnage is a measure of "enclosed" volume. THe calypso pool on the Sapphire/Diamond/Grand/Golden/Star/Island/Coral is included in tonnage, whereas on the Crown/Caribbean/Ruby/Emerald, it is not.

Archived