Please help me decide-Carnival Dream

cruisinp

I found a fantastic deal for a 7 night western Caribbean on the Dream the end of April for an inside cabin. DH and I have cruised Carnival 3 times. Our cruiseline of choice is RCCL but we have cruised on many lines. We enjoyed our Carnival cruises very much. My concern is that the end of April is still spring break and, at the ages or 61 and 64, that is not my idea of a good time. Opinions please....Will there still be a lot of spring break passengers? Thanks for your input.

Happy sailing!!!!!

The least expensive cruises I have seen on the Dream (today) is during the first two weeks in May which would be well past spring break I would think. The end of April should be no different with regards to school break since it is after Easter and before the end of the school year. I am close to the same age and like to pick my cruises so they don't coincide with times that would have a greater potential of having a larger number of obnoxious drunks. That being said if the price is right and my schedule would allow I would probably take the chance.

Cheers!

I found a fantastic deal for a 7 night western Caribbean on the Dream the end of April for an inside cabin. DH and I have cruised Carnival 3 times. Our cruiseline of choice is RCCL but we have cruised on many lines. We enjoyed our Carnival cruises very much. My concern is that the end of April is still spring break and, at the ages or 61 and 64, that is not my idea of a good time. Opinions please....Will there still be a lot of spring break passengers? Thanks for your input.

Happy sailing!!!!!

Spring break is over by then. If you book, consider choosing a porthole "inside" cabin. Those are in fact, an outside with a view through two big portholes and the cost is the same (or $4 a day more) than a regular interior.

Happy sailing!!!!!

Spring break for primary schools, as well as, college are well over by the end of April. I don't think you would have a lot of kids on a cruise during that time since it is after spring break and before summer.

I don't think you need to worry about spring breakers during that week. We did the Dream last year and enjoyed it. The Ocean Plaza was especially a great place. Loved the BBQ on the lanai just outside of the ocean plaza. we did not eat at the buffet much but the dining room was not bad at all.

Most schools in the South are done with Spring break as we get out of school by middle of May. We will be going on the Dream for the 3rd time this fall and have never missed a port yet, love the Dream ship!

Our schools are out April 22-26 for Spring Break....so don't assume that Spring Break is over for everyone.

Wow. Didn't realize anyone did it that late.

Still, OP should be safe from nearly all spring breakers.

Our schools are out April 22-26 for Spring Break....so don't assume that Spring Break is over for everyone.

Are you in Pike? We have friends in Pike and I'm always surprised when their spring break is so late, then they only have 4 weeks left of school. Our spring break was last week and our last day of school is not until 5/31.

Archived