Celebrity to INCREASE gratuities

Loyal2RCCL

So people on a cruise that they booked before the end of April will be 'tipping" the staff 50 cents less than those who book after...

The staff will know that some people are tipping them more by auto tip than others....

Doubt it will make any service difference but just saying.

FYI.. Just received a heads up from my Celebrity Rep:

Celebrity will be increasing gratuities by $.50 per guest/per day for all bookings made on or after April 29, 2013, for all cruises that begin on or after April 29, 2013. PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE MADE APRIL 17, 2013.

I have absolutely NO problem with them raising the gratuity but the logistics of doing it this way seem to be a nightmare.

We have a cruise booked for next Feb. so I guess we fall under the old guidelines. What happens if I cancel that cruise but use my current booking number to go on a cruise in March instead?

I agree with everyone that said it's just .50 but please just pick a date and raise it for everyone on the cruises that occur after that date - NOT according to when they booked!

Archived