Stateroom flowers

ahoymatey3

Hi all. Does anyone recall the prices of the floral arrangement offered on the ship? I see I can pre-order bouquets (28.00/48.00) but there is no picture or descriptions offered. How do the pre-order prices compare? Barcelona has noted flower markets and I’m wondering if I would be allowed to carry some on.

Hi all. Does anyone recall the prices of the floral arrangement offered on the ship? I see I can pre-order bouquets (28.00/48.00) but there is no picture or descriptions offered. How do the pre-order prices compare? Barcelona has noted flower markets and I’m wondering if I would be allowed to carry some on.

Am afraid your flowers will be treated like food and any other produce. While they're very specific in the daily about not taking food OFF the ship, they tend to neglect to tell you that you can't bring it ON, either. Exceptions include pre-packaged items. Better yet -- if it won't fly through US Customs, don't bother trying to bring it back.

Celebrity used to have lots of easy-to-find sample pics of their "Bon Voyage" gifts on the old web site. I'm surprised all of this stuff is hard to find now after the revamp of the site. You'd figure they'd put things to sell right out front and center. If you search on "Bon Voyage" on the main Celebrity page, it'll point out the right area. They have samples of a couple of things there.

A few years ago, we purchased flowers right at the pier in Hawaii (if I remember...Kauai?) and brought them onboard. They were gorgeous...all displayed in a tea-leaf wrapped tin can. I wonder if that is still allowed. I was planning to do that again for our Jan. cruise. Anyone with some insight on this?

Thanks,

Karyn

We were on the Constellation last month, May 7th Baltic cruise and I purchased flowers at several markets and brought them onboard for our cabin. Nobody blinked an eye and getting on, they told me to just carry them thru rather than put them in the xray machine, so they wouldn't get crushed. I would certainly buy in Barcelona, much better prices.

Marilyn

A few years ago, we purchased flowers right at the pier in Hawaii (if I remember...Kauai?) and brought them onboard. They were gorgeous...all displayed in a tea-leaf wrapped tin can. I wonder if that is still allowed. I was planning to do that again for our Jan. cruise. Anyone with some insight on this?

Thanks,

Karyn

Consider -- you wouldn't be dealing with Customs issues on produce -- it would be US to US. Should be one of the few itineraries where there's no problem.

We were on the Constellation last month, May 7th Baltic cruise and I purchased flowers at several markets and brought them onboard for our cabin. Nobody blinked an eye and getting on, they told me to just carry them thru rather than put them in the xray machine, so they wouldn't get crushed. I would certainly buy in Barcelona, much better prices.

Marilyn

If you stick with EU/EU, you'd be OK, too -- no Customs issues.

Consider -- you wouldn't be dealing with Customs issues on produce -- it would be US to US. Should be one of the few itineraries where there's no problem.

That makes perfect sense...I just had one of my DUH moments!

Thanks...

We have already done 2 Millie trans and both times I have seen people boarding the ship with armfuls of flowers in Barcelona. You will not be allowed to take them off the ship though.

It is not so much a customs issue as an agricultural issue - bugs and diseases that may be in the flowers.

Quilts caught my eye. I am also a quilter. Found hand-dyed "fat quarters" actually labled fat quarters on Dominica last November, otherwise, had trouble finding cotton fabric. Was able to buy flowers on the islands and bring them back onto the ship. But as others have said, no flowers come off the ship.

Cottagequilter....noticed you are a quilter. Me too! Please don't give up quilting for cruising....I am living proof that you can cruise and quilt! Do it all the time.

Just came back from Alaska on X Summit....a quilt store in every port...oh was I in heaven...already made up a lovely wall hanging.

I know this is off topic....but I couldn't let another quilter slip by.

Enjoy you evening!

Archived