what documents will i need?

matt87

hello fellow cruisers! this august we will be traveling on the carnival splendor out of nyc. the difference from our past cruises is we will be bringing our two nieces. where it gets a little tricky is they are both minors, and my mother has full adopted custody of them. their father,my brother, has passed away, and their mom is not in the picture. so far we have their passports, a notorized permission letter from my mother, and both of their adoption papers and birth certificates. the only issue i see is that they have a different last name then me, and my mother. can anyone tell me if this is all i will need or any other documents? thanks again!

I don't see any problems. It looks like you have all the documentation you should need.

Does the notarized letter from your mother contain a provision allowing you to authorize medical attention for the minor children? If not, you should get another notarized letter to that effect.

Archived