RCI Radiance or Rhapsody with 16mth old

heids24

We are considering going on a cruise on either RCI Radiance or Rhapsody of the seas later this year to the south pacific. We will have our 16 month old with us (3 of us).

Just had some general questions and hoping some of you can help!

- Has anyone used the nursery and/or babysitting for 6-36mth old age group and how did you find it? This is a plus for us so we can have a break sometimes.

- Would the cabin layout be ok for having a portacot for bubs?We are looking at a balcony cabin perhaps so we have somewhere to hang out while bubs is asleep. Anyone with experience with cruising with a young one id love to know how you went at night with cabin layout etc once baby was sleeping.

- How did you find facilities in the main dining room for little ones - are high chairs readily available?Are the staff ok with young ones being in there if we ate early?

-any tips/reccommendations for cruising with a bub this age in general?

Thanks all!

edit.gif

I would choose Radiance. It's a gorgeous and somewhat newer ship. The Radiance has a lot of glass everywhere so it is great for watching the scenery outside. It was built in 2001 vs 1997 for the Rhapsody. I've sailed her twice. The cabins would be larger on the Radiance too. Every square foot counts, especially with 3 in a cabin, and especially with a pack and play. I've used the in cabin babysitting when ds was 32 months (only on Adventure though), and it was fine. Both ships have a nursery which is more economical and more reliable than the in cabin babysitting.

The waiters and other staff love little ones. They should be able to come up with a high chair. Eating in the main dining room with a little one is so much nicer than eating in the buffet. I highly recommend it.

Get a balcony so that you're not stuck in a pitch-black room during naps or at bedtime.

Radiance is on my bucket list - she just hasn't come close to us for us to be able to hop onboard ;) And it's the reason that Boulders posted - all the glass and the feeling of truly being close to the sea.

I haven't had a problem ever having a high chair ready and waiting for us in the MDRs on any RCI ship. And the crew has always been amazing with my girls - no matter the ship. So I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

But as far as overall look - I think Radiance would be a great ship to sail on.

Archived