Will get a Specialty Rest. if we wait...

tizzylizz

I think it depends on several factors: how full your ship is, and how flexible you are with your dining plans. If you just have to have a certain time in a certain restaurant on a special day, you'd probably be safest booking in advance.

We usually just view the specialty restaurants as a break from the MDR, and book them once we are onboard. We do try to book as soon as we board, so we have a better selections of days/times. Also, when you book onboard, you can ask the various restaurant managers whether there will be any nights with special pricing on your cruise. Often, there are discounts to be found on embarkation night. :cool:

Just make the specialty restaurant your first stop after boarding; they generally reserve some spots for on board booking only - so as long as you head there early on boarding day you are unlikely to have a problem booking the venue, day and approximate time of your choosing.

If you are within 4 days of your cruise, I don't think you have a choice...you have to book onboard.

ooops, may be to late. :)

Thanks everyone for your quick responses. We aren't too picky on time, just was going on formal nights.

I think I read somewhere that we can go to any of the speciality restaurants to book for any of them? So, go to one of the least busy?

One other suggestion for booking the specialty restaurants on board:

Usually, on the first sea day, there will be a 'Celebrity Life' event, featuring the specialty restaurant chefs (and some of the specialty bartenders). They do cooking demos, and give away yummy samples. On Equinox, there was also a maitre'd present, making reservations for all of the restaurants. That would be a good activity to attend, especially if you haven't made up your mind about reservations yet. :cool:

One other suggestion for booking the specialty restaurants on board:

Usually, on the first sea day, there will be a 'Celebrity Life' event, featuring the specialty restaurant chefs (and some of the specialty bartenders). They do cooking demos, and give away yummy samples. On Equinox, there was also a maitre'd present, making reservations for all of the restaurants. That would be a good activity to attend, especially if you haven't made up your mind about reservations yet. :cool:

oh, this is first time I've read about thiis...great idea! :)

We made all our bookings for Speciality Restaurants, formal nights, while we were on board last month.

This was also a full cruise. We didn't care what time we ate at and so we had no problems.

Archived