Booking XC cabin.

swarling

Nope, no assignment for me, either!

Friends did not want to lose the alcohol package, and when they originally booked the cruise, they felt $3,000 for the week was a great price for the two of them. I think they just didn't want to bother.

Not me...I check for price drops ALL the time! :)

The C1 we got for our XC gty for our Hawaii cruise next month wasn't in a terrible location as it being just aft of the front elevator/stairs but it was a connecting cabin. There wasn't any others that we preferred available when we were assigned it. Over the weekend a much better C1 became available. It was just aft of the midship elevators/stairs and is non-connecting. A quick email to our TA and it was ours. The bonus it is near cabins of others in our roll call.:)

Edited by robtulipe

Hi Bob!

We still haven't gotten an assignment...it's been a week (yes, i'm incredibly impatient!) :)

I have checked online and there seems like lots of availability, and Celebrity keeps offering $849 balcony guarantees every other day- it's there, it's gone...and then it's back.

The 1A that I gave up is also still available...but I figure the chances of scoring a 1A are slim to none.

Still happy to have saved the $$$ but man, wishing i'd get that assignment already! Guess I better buckle down for the long haul since cruise is still 100+ days out!

Waiting might be a good thing as we've gotten our best upgrades with the guaranties we've done when this has happened. There is a huge amount of regular balconies in all categories available for your sailing. IMO you won't have to wait too much longer.;)

• 3 weeks later...

So.. it took over 3 weeks, but I got my assignment today and got upgraded to a C2. I'll have to watch for open cabins (right now nothing is available) and try to switch to a bump cabin, which I don't think would have been an option if they'd given me a C3.