Price Drop Help

KarenMF

I am booked with a TA in a group. My reservation is a Guarantee. The price on TAs website for what I booked is now over $400 less than what I paid. I am after final payment.

What argument is my best line of attack to get that money back or as OBC?

Unless the group is booked in the ESR there is nothing you can do. Groups get amenities so they won't do a price reduction or OBC. Just enjoy your cruise!;)

ESR?

This is TA advertised price though.... Not Carnival's.

This is for a Singles Cruise where the TA adds a service fee.

Unless you booked Early Saver rate (which you could have as a group rate) you will not get money back or OBC. Almost for sure its not early saver .. so start thinking about a upgrade. Do a mock booking to see what matches what you paid.

What you can ask for is a upgrade. Find a cabin that is above the category you paid and ask for it.

Also, if you booked a regular group rate, the perks that go with it are not free, so your price will always be slightly more than the rate on the TA site (but not $400 worth). So start looking at other categories available and what cabin you would like and ask for it.

ESR?

This is TA advertised price though.... Not Carnival's.

This is for a Singles Cruise where the TA adds a service fee.

The TA price still has to have a rate attached to it. ESR is early saver rate.

Since you say you booked a guarantee .. almost for sure it is not early saver.. so there really is nothing you can do but ask for a upgrade.

Early saver rates you have to pick a cabin, no guarantees. So Id say 99.9% its not ESR .. you are out of luck.

I am 79 days from sailing and up to 76 days I can cancel at no charge - unless it was booked as Early Saver, Easy Saver or Super Saver, which I do not know at this point.

I am contacting TA to see what they offer.

Just wanted to report that even though I was looking at the wrong cruise, I had already emailed the TA. I wrote back to her explaining that I had been looking at the wrong cruise, but today she responded that she got me an upgrade from deck 2 to deck 8 and a very small ($40) refund.

I thought that was great and I even have a cabin number now. I looked it up and it's in a spot that I like - just around the corner from the elevators. It is under the buffet area though....will that be loud?

Just wanted to report that even though I was looking at the wrong cruise, I had already emailed the TA. I wrote back to her explaining that I had been looking at the wrong cruise, but today she responded that she got me an upgrade from deck 2 to deck 8 and a very small ($40) refund.

I thought that was great and I even have a cabin number now. I looked it up and it's in a spot that I like - just around the corner from the elevators. It is under the buffet area though....will that be loud?

Buffet is carpeted, never been a problem with me.. just so you are not under a pool area. sounds like a nice high deck.

good thing you got to the TA before Carnival's final payment date.. thats what matters, not if you paid it off early.

nice going.

Buffet is carpeted, never been a problem with me.. just so you are not under a pool area. sounds like a nice high deck.

good thing you got to the TA before Carnival's final payment date.. thats what matters, not if you paid it off early.

nice going.

Definitely not under pool deck - it's a few cabins into the buffet area. Cabin 8373 Cat. 4G on the Freedom. There's a cabin on one side of us and then a big empty space, then more cabins.

Definitely not under pool deck - it's a few cabins into the buffet area. Cabin 8373 Cat. 4G on the Freedom. There's a cabin on one side of us and then a big empty space, then more cabins.

I was in the 1A, 8357, very close to you. 4 doors down from you, closer to the elevator. quiet when I was there.

I was in the 1A, 8357, very close to you. 4 doors down from you, closer to the elevator. quiet when I was there.

I have had rooms right by the elevators before - best location IMO.

Good to know you have been in that same area and it was quiet.

Archived