Is This Possible Time - Wise?

jvitatoe26

Hi! I have a day planned out for our St. Martin visit, but I have read some things about traffic that has me concerned this is not possible.

We are the only ship in Port, Carnival Valor, Saturday June 1, from 7am - 5pm. 2 adults.

Being a first time cruiser, I am not exactly sure when I would need to be back on the ship, but I am assuming between 4-430.

I would like to:

Take a taxi to Bikini Beach Bar, Orange Fever etc on Orient Beach around 9:00am and enjoy the pretty beach. We chose Orient specifically to Parasail. Does anyone know how long the parasail is, or the cost? Also, how long does it take to get from the pier to Orient Beach?

Around 12:00pm or so, I would like to take a taxi from Orient to Maho Beach. Does anyone know if I need to pre-arrange this, or what the cost may be? Also, how long does it take to get from Orient to Maho?

We plan to hang out at Sunset Bar until about 2pm or 2:30pm, hoping to see some planes land. We will then take a taxi and head back to the pier. Are taxi's readily available? Will I need to pre-arrange one? Also, what is the cost?

Does this all sound like it enough time to do what we would like to do, including travel time? Or am I not estimating enough travel time?

Also, I am TERRIFIED of missing the ship. 2 hours should be plenty, at 2-230pm, correct??

Thanks for your help! I have no idea what to expect in regards to a cruise terminal, lines for going through the security (I am guessing this takes place at the entrance to the pier??), waits for taxi's and traffic.

Jenn

• 3 weeks later...
My family is on the Valor also and we have the same day planned. I am hoping someone out there will answer your questions. I am needing them answered too. Plus does anyone know the cost of parasailing at Orient Beach?

I have read that its $45/pp

Hi! I have a day planned out for our St. Martin visit, but I have read some things about traffic that has me concerned this is not possible.

We are the only ship in Port, Carnival Valor, Saturday June 1, from 7am - 5pm. 2 adults.

Being a first time cruiser, I am not exactly sure when I would need to be back on the ship, but I am assuming between 4-430.

I would like to:

Take a taxi to Bikini Beach Bar, Orange Fever etc on Orient Beach around 9:00am and enjoy the pretty beach. We chose Orient specifically to Parasail. Does anyone know how long the parasail is, or the cost? Also, how long does it take to get from the pier to Orient Beach?

Around 12:00pm or so, I would like to take a taxi from Orient to Maho Beach. Does anyone know if I need to pre-arrange this, or what the cost may be? Also, how long does it take to get from Orient to Maho?

We plan to hang out at Sunset Bar until about 2pm or 2:30pm, hoping to see some planes land. We will then take a taxi and head back to the pier. Are taxi's readily available? Will I need to pre-arrange one? Also, what is the cost?

Does this all sound like it enough time to do what we would like to do, including travel time? Or am I not estimating enough travel time?

Also, I am TERRIFIED of missing the ship. 2 hours should be plenty, at 2-230pm, correct??

Thanks for your help! I have no idea what to expect in regards to a cruise terminal, lines for going through the security (I am guessing this takes place at the entrance to the pier??), waits for taxi's and traffic.

Jenn

You should be fine with your plan. Getting to Orient should take you less than 25 minutes. I would say 40-45 to get from Orient to Maho. The biggest ? Mark is the time it will take you to get from Maho to Orient. Since there is only 1 ship in, the major traffic issue will be the people heading to their timeshares from the airport in the afternoon plus the islanders out and about. I think leaving around 2:30 will give you plenty of time to be back on board before 4:30 which is the normal all aboard time for a 5 pm departure.

Sorry I can't help you on the parasailing but I know people who have done it at Orient and loved the experience. I don't frequent Orient all that much but I really enjoyed the afternoon that I spent at Orange Fever a couple of years ago and the gourmet chicken pizza we shared was delishious and actually a little too much for the two of us and it was reasonably priced as well.

Taxis at the port, Orient and Maho should be available. Since Saturday will be a busy airport day for the taxis if there is not one at Maho then ask at the bar for them to call you one or walk the few minutes over to the Maho Entertainment area and I am sure that you will be able to get one there that is dropping someone off at one of the resorts.

The cost from Orient to Maho would just be a guess for me and chances are since you will probably be the only be the only 2 people in the taxi it will cost

more. I think a good guess would be about $24 for the two of you. Sorry I am having difficulty with the link to the taxi website so I will estimate the cost from the port to Orient at $14 for the two of you and from Maho at $18.

Have a great day on the island. :)

Definitely doable jv, but a very busy day moving around for sure. If parasailing is important for this port then yes OB is the spot. Otherwise I would recommend another nucer beach like Baie Rouge, or even Friar's or Happy Bay north of Marigot. But OB may be the only option for parasailing, I'm not sure. We stayed on OB and loved the Bikini Beach Bar, I had read reports of the properto owner making changes to the business but have not confirmed that. Perhaps someone who has been there in the last few weeks can.

Taxi is $20 from port to OB for 2 ppl, an extra fee is charged for more ppl.

From OB to Maho is $30, and from Maho back to pier is $18 so about $68/2 ppl. You can also rent a car when doing this much moving around, SXM is extremely easy to drive.

Have fun!

Archived