Fitness classes on Solstice?

SloanesMommy

Has anyone been on Solstice recently that can give me an idea of the kind of fitness classes offered and the times they are offered? Also, are yoga, spinning and pilates extra? even for Suite guests? Also, are they any good??

Thank you!

I was on the Equinox in November. The gym was nicely equipped and very clean. I took some spin classes. They were great. The equipment was good as was the instructor. There were other type of classes, but I can't comment on them since I did not do them.

yoga and pilates were $12 per class but I didn't do them - floor is too hard. Bootcamp is $120

The BEST exercise was the free Zumba sessions by the pool - 45mins each, twice daily on sea days. The instructor Patricia joined the ship about a month ago and she is FABULOUS - a qualified Zumba instructor brought onboard to join the activities staff - she does dance lessons and other activities also, but her primary role is Zumba...wonderful fun for all and a great workout

Fitnessclasses.jpg

We did the free morning stretch, followed by the other free 30 minute class in the morning. We went in feeling that it wouldn't amount to much but they were really pretty good considering that they were free and on a cruise ship. These classes were at 7 and 7:30 am.

My wife and I were the oldest as we are on closer to 70 than 60. I think the instructors were trying to break us and we wouldn't break as the younger crowd was falling out we just grinned and kept up without showing any strain. There was be a core class consisting of planks, push ups, and ab work. Other days would be legs doing lunges, and squats, holding the position and doing pulses. My wife and I both do Insanity, P90X and P90X 2 and are in excellent shape.

We also took a portable DVD player along with our Insanity DVDs and did the workouts in our cabin and balcony.

I talked to the instructors after the last day and asked about the classes that you pay for and we told them that we were hesitant that they wouldn't be intense enough thinking that they would just be some introductory easy stuff and was told that they are beyond beginner and that we would get a good workout.

Next time we will probably give the classes a try but will still take our DVDs if we need more.

Archived