Just off the Dream 4/6/13 review

cruisemom101

hey fellow mom - I'm doing mom/daughter cruise may 4th and your posts have been awesome - I do have a question I can't find - does the spa/gym area have a free sauna/steam room - all cruises I have been on have them - but dream offers "passes" for purchase - thought I would ask - Thanks

Do you or anyone know if the Steakhouse offered a free bottle of wine on the 1st night on this cruise? I know some ships do that, but was wondering about the Dream.

From other posts, I believe they do on Dream as well.

Thank you for taking the time to post all of this! It is so helpful!

We're going on the Dream in May for our wedding cruise and will have about 30 people with us, so it's great to get an idea, especially since my mom just fell and broke her shoulder.

Thank you! :):):)

Do you or anyone know if the Steakhouse offered a free bottle of wine on the 1st night on this cruise? I know some ships do that, but was wondering about the Dream.

My understanding is, yes, you do get a free bottle of wine on the first night. My husband and I are on this cruise also and have decided to do this restaurant on the first night. We did it on the Valor 2 years ago on the last night. It was well worth the extra cost.

Just FYI - there is a roll call for this cruise if you are interested.

hey fellow mom - I'm doing mom/daughter cruise may 4th and your posts have been awesome - I do have a question I can't find - does the spa/gym area have a free sauna/steam room - all cruises I have been on have them - but dream offers "passes" for purchase - thought I would ask - Thanks

I do believe they have separate saunas... One everyone can use... The ones that need the passes are for the cloud 9 spa. There are some reviews on YouTube if u sear carnival dream spa :)

We are also sailing May 4th :D

We have a roll call if u would like to join us :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
The buffet food was ok. I would say typical buffet food, but the selection was good. The Mongolian grill was great, but the lines were pretty long...especially the first day. The pasta bar, as always, was delicious. My kids ate there every day without too much wait until the final day. The grill was good and the lines weren't too long there either. Pizza line wasn't bad and the pizza was yummy. You could choose from about 5 different pizzas. Personally, I liked the chips and salsa from the grill. The MDR's food was much better than the buffets, we all thought. We did the comedy brunch twice and the food was good and there was a nice selection of choices to eat. The comedy, however, wasn't a show, but simply a preview of the upcoming comedian's shows. They were ok. There was a mix of both younger and older, however, it was spring break and there were quite a few kids. The kids seemed well behaved though. Not too many running around the ship. There was no laser show only deck parties on two of the nights. The nightly shows weren't too bad. Both my teenagers liked dancing in the street and the fun force show.

I agree that the chips/salsa at the grill being yummy! The salsa is mor eof a pico de gallo but was awesome topped on the grilled chicken breast!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there is a free sauna as well as steam in the free locker rooms. You can see them here across from cabin 12201. I will say though that the spa pass was worth every penny :)

Archived