RCI kids program question

basketrn

We will be on the Oasis in June. I have a question, how does the staff get ahold of you if your child wants or needs to leave the kids program. My DS is 4. I know on Disney we had the wave phones. Does RCI have a pager system or something similar to a wave phone?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

My daugther will be 6 on our Oasis cruise coming up this Sat. Last year on DCL - we were given a phone type thing to let us know when she was ready to be picked up. I see that RCCL does something similar now for the youngest ones but do they do it for older ones as well? When we were on Freedom 4 years ago - they just called our stateroom and left a message. This did not work out well because we were never in our stateroom when our daugher was in AO!

^On a lot of the ships you can ask at Adventure Ocean or Guest Relations for any extra phones they may have if you think there may be a problem.

My six year old just finished her first cruise as an 'Explorer' and no phone and was fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Our son was on Radiance of the Seas at age 6 and Jewel of the Seas at age 7 and no one even offered to give us a phone or pager. I guess I didn't know to ask. Usually we check on him once the first night of AO to be sure he is comfortable with the staff and other kids. But we usually get the "look" like Mom you are embarrassing me. Last time he gave us strict instructions not to pick him up before 10pm.

Our son was on Radiance of the Seas at age 6 and Jewel of the Seas at age 7 and no one even offered to give us a phone or pager. I guess I didn't know to ask. Usually we check on him once the first night of AO to be sure he is comfortable with the staff and other kids. But we usually get the "look" like Mom you are embarrassing me. Last time he gave us strict instructions not to pick him up before 10pm.

They only give pagers for the 3-5 group.

Quick raise of hands here -- how many of us have NEVER had our kids ask to leave AO :) ! When my DD was AO age, we'd come at closing time and she'd be bummed that she had to leave! :D

Quick raise of hands here -- how many of us have NEVER had our kids ask to leave AO :) ! When my DD was AO age, we'd come at closing time and she'd be bummed that she had to leave! :D

Nope - not Adventure Ocean - never. Not even when she got injured and had to get X-rays! She got mad at ME for pulling her!

I did get nightly calls onboard other cruise lines and kids clubs.

This would be my kid...never wants to leave, and hates it when I show up early! (Or what she considers early, lol). Once when my middle DD was 6 and we were walking around Ketchikan she was being a brat and I threatened her with AO, she said good! I want to go back to the ship! Normally we don't leave them onboard if we leave, but since we were just planning on spending a few hours walking the port I walked her back to the ship and enjoyed a nice lunch out with the rest of the family, everyone was happy!

Archived