C-Pap

dmrrn73

I know they do on other cruise lines, but not sure about NCL. Will they provide distilled water and extension cords for a C-Pap machine? I looked on the website under the "Special Assistance" section but couldn't find anything about c-pap's, only Oxygen.

I know they do on other cruise lines, but not sure about NCL. Will they provide distilled water and extension cords for a C-Pap machine? I looked on the website under the "Special Assistance" section but couldn't find anything about c-pap's, only Oxygen.

I have always used the water straight from the tap on NCL ships. Never had a problem.

Not sure why you don't bring an extension cord all the time in your CPAP bag. It is an essential part of mine as I can never be sure that the outlet near a bed is accessible. A simple 12 foot extension cord does just fine and takes up very little space in your bag.

My sister uses the tap water from the ship as well....without any problems. She usually packs an extension cord with her machine but forgot it on our our last cruise. :eek: She asked for one once we arrived in our cabin....and got it BUT was told that they only had a certain number of them and there was no guarentee she would get one next time. ;)

On our May 2012 Med cruise on the Jade, my husband requested distilled water ahead of time, and it was ready in our cabin, no charge. We always take an extension cord and a surge protector to use with the CPap if/when needed. FYI, we have had no problems traveling overseas with it, go through customs and security in the airports smoothly. We did buy a cord from Amazon that was a bungee type thing, to strap the machine in its tote to our wheeled carry on as it can get heavy fast walking through a large airport.

You have to contact the Access Desk a few weeks prior to your sailing in order to arrange for the distilled water to be in your cabin. No charge that I am aware of. For peace of mind, bring your own extension cord as you will most likely need it. DH even needed it on our last cruise on the Star in a suite. :cool:

If you contact the Access desk and request distilled water at least a week or so before your cruise, it will be in your cabin. No charge. We bring our own UL approved extension cord.

We brought my parents on NCL over Christmas and my dad used tap water in his c-pap and it was fine. His problem was once the cord was plugged in the machine didn't reach the floor. They just pulled the chair over to sit it on for the night. Another answer would be extension cord... They were in a balcony cabin..:).

Thanks everyone for the info!

We usually do bring an extension cord but we both have machines and I wasn't sure of the plug configuration in the room. The main thing was the distilled water, glad to know we can get it. I have heard about using regular water but wanted to avoid that if we could.

I've learned to carry a three into one swiveling tap so I can plug the tap into the single plug available across from the bed and still be able to plug up to two other devices to charge them if needed. Also I carry an extension cord that has three other outlets on it so if I need to plug in a lamp or other device like a clock etc I can. Also I know my, and most, cpap machines can run on the Euro power outlet so I carry a small adaptor plug to plug into the end of the extension cord and then into the Euro socket (available from radio shack).

I usually throw the one end of the extension cord under the bed during the day. Sometimes I can find a plug near the bed that a lamp or clock plugs into and I will use the three into one tap there or use the extension cord to plug into the wall outlet there and the extension outlets for the cpap and clock etc. Sometimes an outlet will be recessed and I will use a single grounded adaptor then plug the three into one tap into that as the single adaptor will extend out beyond the recess. every situation is different.

Cruise ships produce thousands of gallons of distilled water a day. If they don't use it for their tap water, you should be able to get a gallon of it on request.

You might think that, but our experience is that distilled water must be requested ahead of time.

Archived