Room service on embark?

joshd33

Has anyone ever ordered room service as soon as they board, or is it not available until later in the day? Specifically this question goes to those that have used FTTF. I figure if we can get to our room right away, might be easier to order room service then head to lido.

Thanks in advance!!

-Josh

I was thinking the same thing. We fly in the day we leave and will be hopefully making it on board between 1:00 - 2:00 .... was hoping we could head right to cabin - drop bags, order room service and start VACATION! ;)

It is not available until late in the day - I think at least around supper time. Like another poster said all available staff are being used to get ship ready for new arrivals. There have been times where there is only about 2 hours between those departing and those boarding.

I have seen this question asked before, and the answer was that you can't order room service during embarkation because all of the elevators are being used to get the guests luggage up to their rooms, and all of the staff is helping with this process. Since you will be one of the first on the ship thanks to FTTF, you could always go to the buffet, grab the food you want, and take it back to eat in your room so you won't be eating with the crowds of people? Just an idea :)

We were on the Valor in September and we boarded and ate lunch on the Lido but our little one was too excited to eat and was too busy swimming laps in the kiddo pool so she ate lunch around 3:00 from room service we ordered her a sandwich cookies and a milk....it didn't take long either...I think it was around 3...it was before the muster drill though...it didn't take long either...oh and we got ice too for our sodas

On my first ever cruise we didn't eat before boarding and also didn't know any restaurants would be open. We kept calling the room service line, and eventually they did pick up and take our order. Pretty sure it was before muster drill. Was at least before dinner time.

Archived