Escargot Shortage, you say?

Being in Michigan with our very short "warm season", our snails/slugs only grow to be just so big. When a girlfriend who lives down south was complaining about "huge" slugs leaving nasty slimy trails all over her porch / sidewalk / driveway, I thought she was exaggerating until she showed me some pictures.

HOLY MOLY COW, THEY GROW HUGE DOWN SOUTH! :eek::eek::eek:

If I lived in an area with those huge slimy things, I'd be building a Salt Wall all the way around my yard. BLECH!

Being in Michigan with our very short "warm season", our snails/slugs only grow to be just so big. When a girlfriend who lives down south was complaining about "huge" slugs leaving nasty slimy trails all over her porch / sidewalk / driveway, I thought she was exaggerating until she showed me some pictures.

HOLY MOLY COW, THEY GROW HUGE DOWN SOUTH! :eek::eek::eek:

If I lived in an area with those huge slimy things, I'd be building a Salt Wall all the way around my yard. BLECH!

DH and I took a hike through the forest at the National Parklands near Sitka and holy mackeral but were the slugs HUGE the average one was 6-8 inches long and the diameter of a quarter. Lots were bigger. I had new respect for the UCSC (?) and their Banana Slug mascot!

Archived