Stateroom on Pearl

summercruising

Just cabins above you on deck 10. What's below you on deck 8 is not really heavy traffic. Reference the side of the ship to be on, we've been on both to Alaska and I don't think it really matters. While in Glacier Bay, I was out running around all over the ship getting every possible view. The Alaska cruise is indeed an excellent one. And the Pearl and a balcony room is also excellent.

Being on deck 9 your view down may be somewhat obstructed by the lifeboats below you. Or maybe not, but I would move if able just in case.

Nothing wrong with deck 9 views at all. The lifeboats are tucked up and under deck 9, only obstructing deck 8. From deck 9, you would have to lean over your balcony rail and look straight down to see any portion of them.

Nothing wrong with deck 9 views at all. The lifeboats are tucked up and under deck 9, only obstructing deck 8. From deck 9, you would have to lean over your balcony rail and look straight down to see any portion of them.

Thank your for your reply! I was getting really worried. This is probably the only time we will ever get a balcony and I really want it to be worth the price on this cruise. We usually just to inside staterooms.

Thank your for your reply! I was getting really worried. This is probably the only time we will ever get a balcony and I really want it to be worth the price on this cruise. We usually just to inside staterooms.

I hate to give you the bad (good) news......once a balcony....always a balcony........

Go to this Photobucket link. It has a bunch of pics of the Jewel, starboard side. And the Jewel is almost identical to the Pearl. You can look at the exterior of the balcony rooms easily. You'll also see that the lifeboats are not an issue for any deck above 8. I might add, the Pearl has the wonderful Spinnaker lounge/observation area forward deck 13 for excellent enclosed viewing. Also, she has the excellent Great Outdoors, rear deck 12 for great outside breakfast or just sitting, weather permitting. Deck 11 port side all the way forward has an excellent bridge viewing room. You might think we love the Pearl....and all her crew.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/library/Jewel%20Starbord%20Side?sort=4&page=1

Go to this Photobucket link. It has a bunch of pics of the Jewel, starboard side. And the Jewel is almost identical to the Pearl. You can look at the exterior of the balcony rooms easily. You'll also see that the lifeboats are not an issue for any deck above 8. I might add, the Pearl has the wonderful Spinnaker lounge/observation area forward deck 13 for excellent enclosed viewing. Also, she has the excellent Great Outdoors, rear deck 12 for great outside breakfast or just sitting, weather permitting. Deck 11 port side all the way forward has an excellent bridge viewing room. You might think we love the Pearl....and all her crew.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/library/Jewel%20Starbord%20Side?sort=4&page=1

Thank you again for wonderful information! Honestly I've never paid any attention to the balconies as I never thought I'd be getting one. Your pictures were wonderful. I'm really excited. The viewing information is now in my "Alaska" notebook.

Archived