really getting nervous

2gornot

We are suppose to sail July 13 on the Triumph. I am really getting nervous as to whether it will be ready or not. Time does not permit us to reschedule another cruise as we are very limited in vacation time. The articles I am reading say the Triumph still has to go to the Bahamas to finish up repairs but that is not in the near future. Do any of you think that the Triumph will be ready...or should we cut our losses and cancel now so that we can plan something else?

Id try and find a backup it doesnt currently look good. Not that Id say stay away from Carnival, but is there another ship/itinerary that would work, or are you driving to Galveston (which is what I'd guess the most choose the Galveston ships if they live in driving distance).

We were supposed to be on Triumph on May 20th.

They canceled us, and now were scheduled on Magic. (A 7 day).

I would be seriously considering your options. There are no other 5 day cruises out of Galveston. You could possibly sail out of New Orleans.

But I surely wouldn't wait til the last second to have a back up plan.

Best of luck to you.:)

I personally think the Triumph will be back in service by July. However, for your own peace of mind, I think you should consider rebooking on the Magic or to consider another port city if you're able to. It'll take a lot of worry away from your vacation. It's supposed to be something to look forward to, not stress about.

Hopefully, if Carnival chooses to cancel July sailings, you'll still have a few weeks or maybe months to come up with new plans.

First question: Are you outside penalty (final payment), (I guess you are since its still more than 60 days out) and if so, did you book Early Saver?

If the answer to the above question is no and no, the time to look for an alternative is NOW before penalties start kicking in.

If you wait to cancel after final payment : DON'T jump the gun just yet, but DO some research about what ships and itineraries sail that same week that would work for you.

Remember that if you cancel before Carnival makes an official announcement, you will get charged the applicable penalties. If Carnival cancels, then you won't get charged penalties, you'll get all your money back, plus you'll be issued a discount on a future cruise that you could apply to the alternate cruise that you pre-select.

I"m a worry wart. Your vacation time is set in stone. Therefore I would be changing ships so I could sleep at night from now until then.

It may work out it may not!!

I see where some the sunshine is going to be missing a couple of sailings too.

I'm scheduled on Triumph for July 6 and my son's friend's family is going on the same cruise, so he will be very disappointed if it gets cancelled. I'm remaining optimistic.

FYI, I had one booked for April and they gave me plenty of advanced notice when they cancelled all those AND a discount to use (25%, I think). Anyway, I moved from a balcony on Triumph to an OV on Elationout of New Orleans (they have no balconies!). Between the downgrade and the discount, the rebook was less than 1/2 the cost of the original...so it wasn't all bad. BTW, I'm leaving next week!!!!

Our group of 5 (2 cabins) is on the June 22nd sailing. We are not nervous. She either sails or she doesn't. Can't worry about it because we have no control over it. If she doesn't sail, we'll transfer to the Elation but we won't jump ship until its canceled. And if we can't get on the Elation, we'll just make other plans.

All any of us can do is put it the hands of what ever superior being you believe in and pray for the best. Everything does indeed happen for a reason even if we aren't aware of that reason at the time.

We were booked on the Triumph's June 8th cruise, after the latest incident decided to jump ship to the Conquest out of New Orleans on June 9th instead. The stress of worrying that we would be cancelled and then left without a cruise for our only vacation was too much to deal with. We had to pay $50 per person rebooking fee - I must say the peace of mind was worth $150!

Archived